Mr. KU Finalist: Cory Sessum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. Name: Cory Sessum

2. Major: Pre-Med Neurobiology

3. Year: Senior

4. Hometown: The Woodlands, Texas

5. What are three things you want to do before you graduate? Three things I would love to do before I graduate would be to go swimming in Potter’s Lake, walk through the DeBruce center (Let’s be real, everyone wants to do this) and rush mass after our basketball team makes both the final four and national championship!

6. If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be and why? If I could be anyone in the world, I would be Prince William because he not only is royalty, which is every American’s dream, but he’s also married to the oh-so-perfect Kate. 

7. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do would be pay off my college, because education is so important to being successful that if I could pay that off, then I could focus all the money I would make after graduation on doing something big.

8. What is your favorite memory at KU so far? My favorite memory at KU thus far would have to be watching both Ben McLemore and Andrew Wiggins play in our cathedral. Those games were awesome, and the saying “best home court advantage” really shined through during those games. 

9. Where do you see yourself five years from now? Five years from now I see myself just finishing med school and moving into my residency. I think by that time it would be awesome to really be helping people and have a deeper understanding of the medical world.

10. Why do you think you deserve the title of Mr. KU?  I think I deserve the title of Mr. KU because I am the perfect representation of the university. I am involved in everything from student organizations to undergraduate research and all of that in-between. I am a senior, so of course I feel like the title should go to a senior because we have more experience at the university. I am the training and recruitment coordinator for Student Ambassadors and know exactly what it takes to be the face of KU. I also think it would be cool to say I won the title while giving tours! I’m sure whoever wins will deserve it, I’m just hoping it’s me.