Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

Mercury in Retrograde and How to Prepare for It Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Mercury Retrogrades are usually three week periods when people’s communication and expression are affected. A lot of times, when Mercury is in retrograde, things your life tend to spin out of control and it may feel like you have detached from your true self. However, fear not. Mercury being in retrograde may have its effects, but identifying the ways you can prepare yourself based on your sun and rising zodiac signs can help a lot. Look below for your sun and rising signs to see how you can prepare for the greatest energy shifts of the year!

(Read both your sun and rising for most accurate answers and take what resonates)

Aries: 

Moodiness becomes extremely apparent for the Aries during Mercury retrograde. Restlessness about past decisions may come back to occupy your mind. Make sure to resolve past conflicts and stay consistent in daily tasks!

Megan Charles

Taurus:

As if Tauruses did not already bottle up their emotions, Mercury in retrograde makes them feel unable to express their personal concerns to other people. Techniques that they may have used to keep relationships going tend to stop working. It is important to communicate any grudges with your loved ones and make sure to find a way to express yourself through art, music, journaling, etc!

notallgeminis

Gemini:

Mercury in retrograde tends to humble the Gemini. Geminis will stop being the teacher and be forced into the role of the “student”. Taking leadership roles during this time may be more harmful than beneficial and lead to breakdowns and bad decisions. Calm down and make sure to open your ears to other people’s advice!

Megan Charles

Cancer: 

Cancers will be prone to making bad decisions during Mercury being in retrograde because of how quickly they may agree to things and intimate relationships may hang on by a thread during this time. One thing to do to prepare is to identify what is wrong in relationships since your mind may start to fog up once Mercury starts movement. Next, take time to reflect on your personal needs and what actually makes you happy!

Drunkstrology

Leo:

The brain of the Leo seems to be moving in all directions but the right one at this time. Fun tasks sound so much better than tasks that are actually important. You are putting your energy into relationships that may not matter much. Try to find a balance. Try to focus on career goals a little bit more and try not to distract yourself from the real goal here!

Megan Charles

Virgo:

You may not be feeling heard at your work-place, school, or home during Mercury in retrograde and misunderstandings may tend to occur leading to frustration. This may not be apparent until the third week of Mercury being in retrograde. Find ways to subtly express concerns and make friendships where it is convenient!

Jakesastrology

Libra:

Mercury in retrograde brings indecisiveness into a Libra’s life. Libras may feel like they are detaching from connections in their life during this time. Before movement occurs, make sure to connect with your feelings so you are less prone to detaching from people that you may not want to detach from. Start journaling and be on the lookout for new connections as well!

Megan Charles

Scorpio:

For Scorpios, Mercury in retrograde may be a more positive thing than it is for other signs. Family and friends may be heavy on their mind right now, for good reasons possibly. Try to focus on nurturing your connections and building better relationships to start yourself off!

Jakesastrology

Sagitarius:

Your thoughts may start to jumble during this time. Connections will seem to start coming less easily to you. Do not worry! It is mostly just in your head. Take some time to get together with your close friends and start to unpack your life. In gatherings, make an effort to be less introverted and stuff will start to fall back into place!

Megan Charles

Capricorn:

Now is the time that your relationships will start to thrive. However, the way you manage finances may start to get complicated, relating to stocks and weekly budgets. Be open to finding relationships and make sure to carefully understand where you are putting your time, money, and effort because it needs to be done carefully!

Megan Charles

Aquarius:

Aquarius will feel what they usually feel a tad bit stronger during Mercury in retrograde. Life may seem normal but a little more intense. Take time to breathe a little bit and tune into yourself and your spirituality!

Megan Charles

Pisces:

Mercury in Retrograde can cause the Pisces to feel very intense emotions and start to get very snappy towards others. This is natural. Start doing activities to filter your frustration. For example, axe-throwing or martial arts. You will make it through!

Megan Charles

I am a college student interested in Human Biology and Creative Writing. In my free time, I love writing poetry and I cover topics such as mental health, racism, global, and social justice issues! Being a writer for her campus inspires me to keep writing!