Meet the Ladies of HCKU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Okay HCKU readers, I’m sure you’ve been wondering who the lovely ladies behind the articles are. We
had each girl write a little bio about herself!

My name is Victoria Pitcher, but most people just call me Vic. I write health and wellness articles for Her Campus. I am a senior, from Wichita, studying journalism at the University of Kansas. When I am not juggling my part-time jobs, I like to go out with friends or just hang out with my cat, Binks (yes, he is named after the cat in Hocus Pocus). I also dabble in photography, but my one true love is writing.

Stephanie Haskett: to most I come off as a dorky girl who loves her some friends, family, and fun—and that is exactly who I am. I was born and raised in San Diego, CA and then I chose to take my talents to the University of Kansas purely on the notion that KU has an AMAZING basketball team. Fun fact about me: I’ve never missed a home basketball game! With that being said, I am covering the sports aspect of campus on HCKU (football, basketball, baseball, Quidditch, etc.) and I cannot wait for my first article to be published online! I am a senior communications major who can’t for the life of me believe that this is my last year at the best university in the world. In my spare time I enjoy anything that has to do with dogs (love the Humane Society) and/or socializing—especially when a cocktail is involved.

My name is Kayla Banzet and I am the social media director for HCKU. On top of managing HCKU’s social media I also write for our news section. I am a senior journalism major with a minor in English. I grew up in Neodesha which is a lovely small town in Southeast Kansas. And when I say small town I mean, one stoplight in the whole city and a graduating class of 59 students. I have the cutest Australian Sheppard/Blue Heeler in the entire world. Her name is Pandora and if you don’t believe me about the cuteness I will show you pictures and your heart will melt. When I’m not running from class to class I’m interning for a newspaper in the Kansas City area. I rarely have spare time, but when I do I love to be outdoors.

My name is Hayley Jozwiak and I’m a senior from Oglesby, IL. I’m double majoring in English and Journalism. In my spare time, I like hanging out with my two dogs, Ellie and Lilah, reading, writing, and dancing (mostly ballet and contemporary). A few fun facts about me, I can quote the TV show Friends like it’s my job and I only eat the green Skittles! I also love being the blog writer for HCKU and can’t wait to get involved with Ed2010.

My name is Abba Goehausen (yes, like the band…), and I am a senior journalism student at KU. Born in California and raised in Kansas City, I have always had a passion for writing, particularly about fashion. To me, fashion is an art that recognizes our individuality, and therefore should be celebrated through writing. Since my first issue of Teen Vogue came in the mail eight years ago, I have dreamt of becoming a magazine writer for a major publication.
Aside from writing for HCKU, in my spare time I enjoy blogging, shopping, scrapbooking, working out, cheering on the KU basketball team, and walking my two dogs. In the words of Shakespeare, I live my life by the saying “Dreams are but thoughts until their effects be tried.”

My name is Morgan Said and I’m a sophomore from Shawnee, KS. I’m majoring in journalism news and information and minoring in global and international studies. I’m excited to be writing a weekly fashion blog for HCKU. I love writing, reading, eating, traveling, running, nighttime driving, and I never, ever, ever turn down the chance to go to any sort of concert.

My name is Chelsea Mies. I am a junior in the J-School from Cheney, Kansas. I enjoy listening to good music and writing. You can usually find me scribbling something into a notebook on campus. Most of my life is either spent at school or work, so I am very busy. I do the Campus Cuties on the Her Campus KU website. I am happy to be part of the first semester of Her Campus here at KU. Rock Chalk!

My name is Amber Kasselman, I’m a junior from Ellinwood, KS. I’m a blogger and a photo blogger for HCKU. I am majoring in journalism with a concentration in news and information and am minoring in global and international studies. In my spare time, I hang out with friends and family, watch movies, attend KU games and other events, and take all kinds of pictures. Apart from HCKU, I am also involved with Ed2010.

My name is Whitlee Douthitt, the Campus Celeb writer for HCKU. I am a senior majoring in journalism/minoring in music from Oak Grove, MO. I also work for Radio Disney which is where I spend most of my weekends dancing and hanging out with kids. I am involved in Student Senate, Delta Delta Delta Sorority and am the Director of Recruitment for Panhellenic. I’m in love with my dog, Winston, and can’t imagine living my life without my friends.

My name is Hannah Reinhart and I’m from Kansas City, MO. I am a freshman. I am double majoring in journalism and political science, and plan to go to law school after I graduate. I am the health and fitness writer at HCKU. I am in the Delta Gamma sorority, am the business representative for Rock Chalk Revue for Delta Gamma,  on the Big Event Recruitment committee, and am on the Junior Executive Greek Council here at KU, as well as writing for HCKU! A fun fact about me is that I have moved 7 times, soon to be 8, when my family moves to Chicago at the end of this year. In my spare time I like to hang out with my friends/sorority sisters, I love running and working out, and I like learning about other ways I can get involved here at KU.

I'm a senior at KU double majoring in English and Journalism.  I love reading, dancing, and playing with my two dogs - Ellie and Delilah!