Mattea Keister ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Mattea Keister          

Year of Expected Graduation: 2019          

Age: 18

Year in School: Freshman

Hometown: Arvada, Colorado (western suburb of Denver)

Relationship Status: Single

Instagram: mattea.keister

Twitter: N/A

What’re you involved in on campus? I am involved in Phi Delta Epsilon- the pre-med coed fraternity, MEDLIFE, Pre-med society, and the Honors Student Council.

What’s your favorite ‘90s jam? Bye Bye Bye by NSYNC

If you were a Disney princess, which would you be? I would be Cinderella because she has always been my favorite princess. I used to pretend that because I had blonde hair and blue eyes that I was her.

What’s your most challenging class this semester? Do you enjoy the challenge? Chem 190 is my most challenging class this semester. However, I love the class and definitely enjoy pushing myself to understand all of the concepts.

What do you want to do as a career? I want to be an Orthopedic Surgeon.

If you had to describe the color brown to a blind person, how would you? If I had to describe the color brown I would say that when you simultaneously feel something warm, smell cinnamon and nutmeg, while listening to a deep toned, low voice the combination creates the essence of the color brown.

What do you think cats dream about? In reality I don’t think that cats dream about anything, but if I had to imagine a reality, I would guess that cats dream about chasing mice and curling up on laps.

Why did you choose KU? I chose KU because of all of the opportunities available to me here. A big draw was the honors program as well as the science department and the pre-med program. I felt, and still feel that KU is the best place for me!