This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Another month, another Birchbox review! My favorite monthly beauty sample subscription service did not disappoint with the March haul. Let’s get started!

Jurlique Beauty Serum

I really loved this “beauty serum” (Jurlieque’s fancy way of saying ‘facial moisturizer,’ I presume). It smells amazing, and it went on light. I have oily skin, so I am forever looking for moisturizers that keep my skin hydrated, but don’t sit on the surface, which this did both. I’m pretty bummed the sample’s so small, and even more bummed the full size is $58 dollars, but if you’re willing to splurge, this is definitely a high quality product that delivers.

Keims Hair Care Peppermint & Macadamia Shampoo

I’d say this was another winner. Once again, the scent alone was almost enough to hook me, but my hair felt super soft after and I feel like I didn’t need to use a ton to really get my hair clean. I’ve fallen in love with other hair care products through Birchbox, only to feel immense heartache over discovering just how pricey they retail for. This is actually a pretty reasonable buy, a full size bottle costs just shy of ten dollars at $9.50. I’m definitely keeping it in mind for the next time I amass enough Birchbox points for a splurge!

Gilchrist and Soames Body Lotion

This was a good smelling month all around, because this lotion is so inxoticatingly spring-y. It’s very thin, which I’ve always looked for with face lotions, but hand and body I prefer something that I don’t need to goop on to feel like it’s effective. It did its job, made my hands soft and good-smelling, but I’d say it’s comparable to something you could pick up at the drug store. As a free sample, I’m loving it, but I’d say pass in terms of spending cold hard cash on the same product.

Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner in Green Lagoon

When I first subscribed to Birchbox, I was honestly in it for the make up. Don’t get me wrong, hair products, lotions, and scrubs are great, but there’s something about hearing the pop of a mascara wand as you pull it from the bottle for the first time that sends a shiver down my spine. Colored liners are big this spring, I’ve been seeing them all over the web on style blogs. Experimenting with color is one of my favorite things to do, so I was super excited to see I received a full-sized liner in a gem-colored green. Unfortunately… it is just NOT the color for me. It’s such a shame! It went on so smooth and did not smudge, the pencil itself is such a high quality liner, but I think I’d do better with a nice deep purple or navy. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all! Maybe I can barter with roommates or friends for something better suited for the winter that I am.

There you have it folks, my March haul and review! If you’re at all interested in subscribing to Birchbox for a package of beauty samples, check out their website! All the products reviewed are also available for purchase in the Birchbox shop.