burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Last Minute Summer Styles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Summer is about over and the cold weather is coming. Take a look at these collegiates getting the most out of their summer wardrobe just in time for fall! 

High Waisted Shorts are a FASHION BOOM! This past summer any where you look you could see them as a part of all kinds of outfits. The were a cheap, easy trend over the summer and perfect for a DIY night with the girls. 

Here is Jenny Parker, a sophomore, looking stunning in her high waisted shorts in front of Watson Libary. She rocking her shorts with a dress up black shirt and hipster glasses! She showing off her summer pride the last few warm days!

Here is Cindy Nguyen, sophomore, also showing her high-waisted shorts while grabbing a bite to eat at the Underground. She kept the look simple but trendy with her peach shirt and black sandals. 

Now here are some huge trends that were popular this summer!

One summer trend I don’t think anyone will forget was flowy tank tops. A very simple look but also easy to spice up a little if you want with some colorful neckles and braces! The flowy tank tops was great with any time of bottoms you wanted jeans, shorts and even long skirts!

Shirts without backs were a huge hit though out the summer. A easy, simple look that complements another summer trend, bandeaus! Flowly styles were in this summer and were very fashionable also!

Since the 60s people have been rocking out with their tie dyes shirts and shorts. It hasn’t been very popular the last few years but this summer it was a definite trend! Tie dye is a very fun colorful look and great for DIY partys with the girls. 

Short was out and long was in. Long skirts were a MUST this summer and even a great look for this fall. Anywhere you looked girls were looking stunning in their long dresses or skirts. Not only were they colorful and fun, but they were flowy and comfortable. What’s not to love?

Jean vests were a huge hit this summer and a very flexible look. You could rock a jean vest with a colorful summer dress or a bold t-shirt and skinny jeans. It’s a cute and flirty way to spice up an outfit.

Don’t forget! Get the most out of your summer wardrobe these last few days — then it’s on to sweaters, scarves and boots (no complaints there, of course).