Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

In case you failed to notice the smell of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks or the spooky advertisements for haunted houses – it
is in fact Halloween time. If you forgot to come up with a costume for this year’s festivities, have no fear – HCKU has your back!

A black cat is a super easy back up plan. The only purchase needed is a pair of cat ears. Other than that, you get to utilize all of the black in your closet and use your eyeliner to draw on some whiskers.

Be creative and simple this year – be Facebook for Halloween! All you have to do is write “Book” on your face and see how many people understand your clever costume.

If you really don’t feel like getting ready to go out on Halloween, be an incognito celebrity. Throw on your best sweats, your biggest sunglasses, and an old baseball cap. Pretend your Jennifer Aniston avoiding the paparazzi.

If your short on time, grab a cereal box and be a serial killer for Halloween. All you need is your box of cereal ( serial) and a spoon.

If you’re really in a jam, there is always the go-to costume; the 80’s girl. You know the drill – get our your leg warmers, leotards, and crimping iron.

Keep your Halloween safe and cheap with these clever costumes.

I'm a senior at KU double majoring in English and Journalism.  I love reading, dancing, and playing with my two dogs - Ellie and Delilah!