This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Unfortunately, as I’m sure you all know, winter is creeping upon us. Winter is my least favorite season considering its contributions to dry hair, chapped lips, and cracked skin. If you read my article from last week you may already know that I am a product hoarder. Hair products are another one of my weaknesses. 

Hair masks are super important in order to maintain healthy hair. Hair masks are basically deep-conditioners that hydrate hair and repair damage. Almost every brand that makes shampoo, conditioner, or any other hair-related product usually sells hair masks too. There are cheaper options as well as more pricey hair masks depending on the brand.

I recently just picked up the Kristin Ess Strand Strengthening Reconstructive Moisture Mask from the Target location in Lawrence. I have never used this hair mask before, but I have been super interested in the Kristin Ess product line. This brand claims to be salon quality sold at drugstore prices. This product is one of the more affordable hair masks, being sold at $14. 

I would definitely recommend this hair mask to other people trying to reverse damage and keep their hair hydrated. Personally, my hair tends to become static and tangle a lot in dry winter weather.  After using this product, my hair was extremely smooth and shiny. It feels more hydrated and has not been as tangled or static. 

Hair masks are easy to use and really improve the health of each strand. You are only instructed to use the mask 3 days a week at most, so it is not needed in every shower. If you do not have a hair mask, I hope to have sparked your interest. 

self care isnt selfish sign
Photo by Madison Inouye from Pexels

I am a sophomore at the University of Kansas studying Journalism and Strategic Communications.