This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

When thinking about home, 20-year-old Julie Branson has a hard time pinning one down. She has 11 different houses to sort through and six different states to choose from. Branson is no stranger to adventure, thanks in part to her father’s active duty in the Coast Guard. Born on an Air Force base in Illinois, she’s made the rounds through Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Texas and Maryland. For a while, she was able to call each of these places home. The longest Branson has spent in one place was six years in Maryland, so it’s no wonder she’s found familiarity by tapping into her wanderlust.

“This kind of inspired my passion to travel because I’m somewhat accustomed to experiencing new places and people. I get bored with the same thing for too long,” Branson said.

Branson is eager to experience as many cultures and lifestyles as possible. She’s spent time in Italy, Switzerland and France for a few weeks during her high school career, but it only left her hungry for more. She plans to spend her first semester of the 2017-2018 school year with her feet on foreign soil. Her top pick is Ireland, but she’s also interested in Wales and Australia.

Though the cultures and languages may be foreign, the feeling of adventure and newfound possibility is not. It’s what Branson loves most about traveling, and she hopes to do it as often as she can in her future.

Hannah Strader graduated from the University of Kansas in December 2018 with a degree in journalism and creative writing. She has past experience as both a writer and editor for high school and collegiate level newspaper staff and spent the summer of 2017 in London working with Healthista, an online women's health magazine. Her passions include but are not limited to Harry Styles, Taco Bell, witchcraft and books. She has two cats and can recite all the U.S. presidents in order. She's proud to call herself a Her Campus alumni. Formerly the Editor in Chief, Senior Editor, and staff writer at Her Campus KU.