This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Jennifer Stutz

Age: 20

Major: Unified Early Childhood Education

Hometown: Chicago

Relationship Status: Single

What did you do all summer? I worked 3-4 jobs, and hung out with friends on rare occasions.

So you didn’t get too much free time, then? Not with my constant responsibilities as a nanny.

Was it worth it? Yes, because I got to save money for my new apartment. Oh, and I also got to go to Colorado and Iowa, so I did get some free time while the family I nannied for was on vacation.

Tell me something that makes you unique. I am adopted, and I met my birth family my freshman year of high school. They live here in Kansas, so it’s been easier to reconnect with them being here for college.

What does your ideal Friday night look like? A party with close friends.

What are you most excited about for this new school year? Deepening my passion for my degree.

OK, that sounds like a pretty generic answer, what are you ACTUALLY excited about? No one is really excited for school, but I’m excited for the opportunity to meet a bunch of new people. I like to make new friends.

Do you have any specific goals for this semester? To maintain at least a B average. Ideally I’d hope for all A’s, but I’d be happy as long as I stay above a B.

So I know you’re single. Are you ready to mingle? Oh yeah!

What would your ideal future boyfriend be like? Well, it would have to be someone who can protect me and make me feel special. I know it sounds cheesy, but I’m classic when it comes to men. I’d rather be held than hold my breath waiting around for my man.

What is your favorite thing about living in Lawrence? I meet a new face every day. I love having a variety of people to meet.

What do you miss most about home? I miss being cared for by my parents and seeing my loving family every day.

What is your spirit animal? I’ve been told it’s Olaf from Frozen because our personalities connect so well.

In what ways do you relate to Olaf? He makes people laugh like I make people laugh: in a stupid way.

What is one of your favorite KU memories? Probably supporting some of my floormates from Hashinger at their soccer games.

Do you have any hobbies? Well, if Netflix counts as a hobby, then that is one. Other than that, I enjoy watching movies, swimming and occasionally going to the gym. Oh, and socializing.

If you could trade places with one person for a day, who would you choose and why? I don’t know. I’d probably want to trade places with Scarlet Johansson because she’s an awesome actress and a decent person and I’d just love to spend a day in her shoes.

What advice do you have for the new Jayhawks on campus? Don’t waste your time trying to be the “cool person.” Focus your time on really understanding the material in your classes to really prepare for the tests you’re going to have to take. But definitely don’t skip out on socializing either. Find balance. Something I learned the hard way is that college is really hard, and your experiences as a freshman will be different from everyone else’s. Create good habits now to set yourself up for success through the rest of the year. 

I am a Chicago native, and a student at the University of Kansas. I'm studying secondary education with an emphasis in English, and I hope to earn my masters in special education. My favorite things in the world are puppies, girl's nights in, and perfectly balanced caramel macchiatos. My least favorite things are clowns, writer's block, and going to the dentist. If you want to know more about me, just read my articles! I will try to put my own personal spin on every topic I cover. Her Campus rules, Rock Chalk!