This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Meet Jeff Arnaudo, Student Union Activities (SUA) Spirit Committee coordinator, waterpolo enthusiast, certified lifeguard and transfer student from George Washington University. Jeff joined SUA when he transferred because he wanted to get involved quickly and regrets not joining anything at GW. Student Union Activities plans diverse, interactive and educational events throughout the school year, as well as provide leadership opportunities for students. There are seven different committees in SUA, such as culinary, live music and spirit. Each have a coordinator and assistant coordinator that oversee 10-13 people. This year, Jeff has been the coordinator for the Spirit comittee, which plans events to promote spirit on campus, planning events such as football tailgates and The Jayhawks Amazing Race. Next year, he will be the coordinator for the Special Events committee, and get to plan some annual evfents like Rock Chalk Block Party and tournaments.

Additionally, Jeff wants to promote the growth of waterpolo at KU. He wants to start a group of people who do community service, fundraise and play the sport. Arnaudo wants the organization to set themselves to a high standard of involvement and in academics. The group will spark a relationship between athletics and be an overall positive impact for everyone on campus, not just the people who play the sport. He is currently in talks with multiple aquatic centers in Lawrence and the Student Involvement and Leadership Center to become a campus organization and start the recruitment process.

Jeff is so involved in KU because of his love for the University. Coming from a different university, Jeff realizes that KU is the school he was meant to go to. 

Madeline Hutton is a freshman at the University of Kansas with a major in Finance and a minor in FIlm & Media studies. In the past, she has been involved in KUJHTV's "Good Morning KU", tennis, rowing, and yearbook committee. She has been a vegetarian for six years, and has worked with different animal organizations to promote the lifestyle and assist in dog adoption. Upon graduation Madeline plans on moving to California to begin a career in film.