I Want To Be On The Bachelor And If You Don’t You’re Lying To Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The Bachelor is 100% my guilty pleasure. I seriously live for Monday nights. Hot guys with their shirts off? Crazy drama? Pretty dresses? Literally everything about this show is pure gold. I don’t know anyone who genuinely hates The Bachelor- even my 35 year old male coworker and I talk about the show every Tuesday morning. Not only do I love watching the show, I highkey want to be on it, and you are absolutely lying to yourself if you say you don’t. There a million reasons that I could back this up with, but here’s just a few.

Image credit

1. The Locations

You’re telling me this season they went to Singapore, Thailand, AND Vietnam? Other seasons have filmed in Belize, France, Italy, and New Zealand, just to name a few. That’s a FREE VACATION. The resorts they stay in are always beautiful too. This point alone sells me on the idea of being on the show. Literally these people have over a month to just hang out in either a dope mansion or gorgeous countries. And you could end up on Bachelor in Paradise, which is honestly my dream situation.

2. The Dates

I’m just gonna start this one out by talking about Caelynn’s one on one this season. She went shopping. For free. She strutted into that hotel room with so many bags full of cute clothes that she could hardly walk. She was living my sugar daddy dreams on crack. But they also get to do other fun things like bungee jumping and skydiving and having an entire island rented out for themselves. Dinner and a movie isn’t shit compared to anything they do.

Image credit

3. The Other Girls

Okay so I know there’s lots of petty drama, and I’m sure some of the girls really hate eachother, but a lot of them end up being friends at the end of it. You always see pictures of old contestants hanging out. I can’t think of a better way to meet new, cool friends, because you know all of them had to have a background check before the show, so they’re not gonna end up being sketch. For the most part, the girls on the show are super accomplished, inspiring, and motivated. Everybody wants friends like that!

4. The Bachelor

Okay, so I wouldn’t go on the show with the goal of actually falling in love with the guy, but there’s like a 99% chance he’s gonna be major eye candy. I personally think Colton has a kind of boring personality, but I think I would watch an entire episode of just clips of him with his shirt off. Sorry, but you’re probably not gonna meet a guy that hot on the street, y’all. Being on The Bachelor could be my only chance to flirt with a guy that attractive, and I would take it.

Image credit

5. The Insta Followers

They always talk about how girls on the show aren’t there for the “right reasons.” And duh, of course they’re not there to find love. They’re on the show for Instagram. Some of the girls that come off of this show end up making social media their jobs. Seriously. They end up with hundreds of thousands of followers and never have to go back to the day job they probably hated, because now they can post pics in bikinis and talk about the next season on their new podcast. I personally think this is genius, because I don’t want to have to have a 9-5 job. I want to get paid to look cute on vacations and talk shit.

The Bachelor can be controversial and not everyone wants to watch it, but you’ve gotta admit, the pros outweigh the cons and the girls on this show are kind of entrepreneurial geniuses. Now, excuse me while I go apply for the next season.

Hi I'm Ally! I'm studying journalism and dance at the University of Kansas.