Do you ever find yourself sitting in class trying to pay attention to your teacher lecturing, but no matter how hard you try you can’t force your eyelids to stay open? Whether it’s during that 8:00 am class or during an afternoon slump, sometimes it feels like torture trying to be alert in class. Fortunately for you, I’ve compiled a list of tips to help you avoid being one of those embarrassingly funny students who are nodding off in class.
- Get enough sleep. Between eight to nine hours are recommended.
- Eat breakfast, light meals and healthy snacks.
- Sip cold water.
- Chew gum or mints.
- Participate in discussion or ask questions.
- Take notes.
- Sit in the front.
- Shift positions, stretch and sit up straight in your chair.
- Exercise before going to class.
If you have a serious issue of falling asleep in class and none of these options proved helpful, you might want to consult with your doctor. Tell us how you prevent yourself from being drowsy during class!