This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Fall is almost officially halfway over but before that happens here are some tips to spice up your fall routine.

1. Watch Gilmore Girls

If you haven’t done this already you have ample time to start binging this fall-esque feel good coming of age TV series. This show, along with the Thanksgiving episode of Gossip Girl, should be at the top of your spicing up fall routine. Who doesn’t love a show about teenagers figuring out how to handle school and the oddly high number of men wanting them? Trust me, watching this show will give you exactly the right amount of fall vibes to make the rest of your fall elite.

2. Listen to Red (Taylor’s Version)

This is the fall album and if you haven’t listened already, pick up your headphones while walking to class and picture yourself being a young Taylor navigating a heartbreak. It definitely is the perfect album for spicing up your fall routine needs. There’s also amazing songs such as ‘We Are Never Getting Back Together” that you can scream with your friends.

3. Book a trip to Michigan

Okay, I know, this one is a bit extreme and not feasible for everyone. BUT— if you can make this work do it! Michigan in the fall gives off the best vibes and will put you right into the setting of a somewhat coastal fall girl! If you can’t make the trek to Michigan don’t worry— I’m sure you can find a cobblestone rode with some red and orange trees to picture yourself in the mitten state!

4. Have a Bonfire

This one goes hand in hand with camping and even if you aren’t a camping gal, you can still find comfort in a fun bonfire or campfire that includes marshmallows. Make sure you are being safe when you burn those marshmallows!

5. Read a Cozy Book

Photo of hand holding book. Shadow and Bone.
Original photo by Aubree Chavez

Pick any book that includes a holiday, spooky, or autumnal vibe, light a candle, and grab a blanket. This is a good way to spend some time alone while also getting a feel of some sort of fictional world. Since the holidays are fast approaching grabbing something that surrounds the holidays would be the perfect mood setter.

Those are all of my tips on how you can spice up the second half of your fall routine. Bonus points if you light a fall scented candle such as pumpkin or apple crisp while you are reading your book or watching Gilmore Girls!

Hello everyone! My name is Aubree Chavez and I am a third-year student studying English with a minor in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. In my free time I enjoy writing, reading, and uploading videos on my youtube channel.