Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

How to Relax: Zodiac Sign Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It’s getting close to the holidays which also means that there is a lot going on. People are stressed about family, end of semester school work, and just the hecticness of it all. That being said, so many people are looking for ways to destress … the only question is: How? Being the lover of astrology that I am, I wrote an article about how each zodiac sign should relax. Hopefully this hits home and gives you some helpful suggestions as to what may help you relax and what you may need to recenter yourself during stressful times. Without further ado, let’s get into it, shall we?

Aries:

If you are an Aries, I can imagine you racking your brain day and night trying to decide how to stop feeling the way you are feeling. You spend most of your time being bubbly with others, but still are not able to channel your adventurous side. I say, step out of your house for once and do something that gets your adrenaline high. Go to an amusement park, watch scary movies, go downtown and ride the scooter downtown with your best friend. Do something that you truly feel alive doing!

Taurus: 

I know what it’s like to be with Tauruses, and one thing I have noticed is they love being comfortable. Whatever brings you comfort as a Taurus, do exactly that. Whether it’s having a night in with friends and family, or getting a lot of food for a classic mukbang, do what makes you feel comfortable.

Gemini: 

Do you feel like you aren’t able to express all aspects of yourself these days? Go shopping, go axe-throwing, go to a painting workshop. Express yourself somehow. The best way to relax for Geminis is to express their artistic and fun side as much as possible.

Cancer:

Cancers always tend to get too much into their head and sort of fall into this depressive state of mind. Don’t let that happen. Go to the gym, destress, find healthy ways to distract yourself and more importantly, remind yourself that there are things more important than dwelling on phantom feelings. Take care of yourself!

Leo:

Oftentimes, Leos fall heavily into a state of perfection and others’ perception of them. Trust me, I would know. Take time out to go to a concert, go to karaoke, write in your journal and just filter all your cooped up feelings from within you. It’s important to express yourself in loud or quiet (your preference) ways.

Virgo:

Virgos have a bad habit of acting perfect all the time. It’s ok to let that facade down once in a while. Go on walks, explore nature, get up early and see the eclipse or the sunrise. Do something that requires no social networking and allows you to recenter yourself. This is where you are meant to be.

Libra:

If you are a Libra, I just have one thing to say to you: do not let your indecisiveness stress you out. To relax, open a recipe book and flip random pages until you find the perfect recipe you want to cook for dinner that night. If that’s too much decision making, just close your eyes and flip to a random page and cook that. I love cooking because it allows you to be productive but also puts your mind at ease. It’s a 2 for 1 if you will!

Scorpio:

Now, I know you Scorpios go through a lot 365 days of the year. Sometimes, it’s ok to let other people in and share your stress. Trust me, they will understand. For ultimate relaxation, initiate plans with someone, and if you aren’t ready for that, do it alone. But get out of the house and just do something that takes you slightly out of your comfort zone, maybe do something you haven’t ever done before. Pick up a new hobby!

Sagittarius:

Fomo hits you like a truck if you are a Sagittarius. So just remind yourself that you are missing out on nothing. You can’t be everywhere at all times. Turn off social media, maybe grab a friend and find something to do that allows you to have fun without feeling like you are missing out on anything. I would say shopping is always therapeutic. At the end of the day, even if you are stressed, at least you have brand new things. 

Capricorn

Letting others take control once in a while is not going to kill you. If you are looking for a way to relax, go someplace where everything is already figured out for you. Go to a concert and just vibe to the music, or go to a party and just chill out with friends. Take a break from planning everything out and maybe let the day take you where it wants to.

Aquarius:

After getting to know Aquarius, I know that you enjoy when your brain is stimulated but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to memorize difficult equations for school. Try and destress by having a night in and solving a puzzle with some friends, or maybe go to a breakout room and put yourself in a brain-stimulating environment and you’ll be sure to have fun!

Pisces: 

Pisces get way into their emotions sometimes. A great way to get out of that mindset is to temporarily distract yourself from your own feelings. Volunteering, giving back to the community, babysitting or just helping the environment are great ways to be productive and feel like you are doing good things for others. That is the most relaxing feeling!

I am a college student interested in Human Biology and Creative Writing. In my free time, I love writing poetry and I cover topics such as mental health, racism, global, and social justice issues! Being a writer for her campus inspires me to keep writing!