This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.
  1. Work: 
    • I know this sounds boring and you may be tired of people telling you to get a job, but working can honestly help your mental state. Having something set on your schedule that you have to do will force you to get out of a lull and be productive. Having structure in your day is healthy and, often, necessary. I’m not saying go get a random job that you just thought of; no place is looking for two-week hires. However, if you previously had a job in your hometown, maybe reach out and see if you can pick up a couple shifts. A little extra money never hurt anyone either. 
  1. Plan a future trip
    • Whether you plan a trip for the summer or for three years from now, start looking toward the future. Give yourself something to look forward to. After the holidays, society seems to be at a decline; holiday spirit disappears, shopping decreases and seasonal depression can start to set in. If you don’t have something to look forward to, the days can drag on with no light at the end of the tunnel. Planning a trip will allow you to focus on something fun and positive. Have you ever been to New York? 
  1. Enjoy winter activities
    • Just because Christmas is done, that doesn’t mean the cold weather is. If you live outside of the South, snow is probably still falling. Cold weather doesn’t mean everyone has to stay inside all day; fresh air is a necessity. Get outside and go ice skating or sledding. Plan a day trip to a ski resort. Choose not to complain about the winter weather; instead take advantage of it.
  1. Cook/Bake
    • I definitely took a stocked fridge and full-utility kitchen for granted before college. At school, most students don’t have the luxury of making their own food, or at least quality food. Take advantage of being at home and cook or bake to your heart’s desire. Try something you’ve been craving at school but can never make, or bake some treats to bring back to school with you. Visit my TikTok food trends article for inspiration.
  1. Take yourself out
    • The holidays are over and you’ve spent plenty of time with family or friends; you’ve probably spent most of your money on them too. Take some time to do something nice for yourself and take yourself out on a date. It doesn’t have to be anything time or money consuming. For me, I like to grab a coffee and drive around listening to my favorite music. For the more bougie people out there, go to a nice restaurant and order your favorite meal. Reward yourself for getting through the holidays. 
Hi my name is Audrey! I'm majoring in Strategic Communications at KU- so excited for you to take a look at my writing:)