stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How to Restart a Week on a Wednesday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Ever found yourself having the worst week ever, looking forward to Friday, but you’re only three days in? Perfect, we’re the same.

We all have weeks where we wish we could just end them, restart them, or just wish they never started. I’m about to tell you something you might not know! 

YOU HAVE SUPERPOWERS!

Image Credit

Yep, each and every one of us has the power to completely turn a day, week, month, YEAR around.

First, realize that everything is temporary and whatever it is you’re going through will also eventually pass. It’s crazy to not get overwhelmed with feelings and thoughts, but give yourself some grace. As ~cheesy~ as it sounds, life is tough, but so are you.

Next item of action: take a deep breath. 

Image Credit

If life comes at you all at once and becomes too much, take a minute to physically slow down your heart rate. I’m not sure what it is you’re going through right now but my guess is that you still gotta breathe through it. If nothing else, breathing reminds us we’re still alive, no matter how big the bind it is we’ve gotten ourselves into or how heavy the stress is that we’re facing.

So now what? 

My advice? Time is incredible. No matter where you’re at in a day or week, it’s not too late to turn that baby around. You don’t need permission or validation from anyone to change your mind or attitude about anything. How you feel is completely in your control, and while it can be harder some days more than others, do all you can to help yourself through it. What makes you happy? What makes you feel better about yourself? Call your mom. Make some cookies. Color. Scroll through Pinterest. Do the things that make you forget about time for a while, whatever it is. But NEVER forget that you are capable of waking up and becoming reborn everyday and every minute. How lucky we are that our brains have the ability to think this way! Let’s use this skill to our advantage and allow ourselves to reset whenever we need to. 

Image Credit

Don’t forget you’re human; give yourself a mental break sometimes.

Hi! I'm Callie! I’m an Iowa native with a love for people, running, the Jayhawks and chips & salsa because, honestly, who doesn’t?