This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The holidays truly are the greatest time of the year from the food, seeing friends and family and not eating dining hall food for a whole month. The holidays also give you an excuse to dress up while sporting sweats and no makeup to class for the past three months. This is a great time to experiment with a variety of outfits and makeup looks in order to approach the new year through a creative lense. Personally, I love starting out with buying things on Black Friday that I believe will expand my closet and personal style. Here are my tips for the cutest and comfortable outfits for the holidays. 

Go All Out on Black Friday

Black Friday is your best bet for scoring cute pieces that would normally break your bank account. Personally, my favorite brands include Free People and Anthropologie, which are normally too expensive to build a wardrobe off of. However, I got a bunch of cute pieces that expanded my wardrobe and gave variety to my everyday outfits.

Image credit

Wear What You Want

Although there may be “conventional outfits” for the holidays that range from knee high boots to short skirts, wear what YOU want. There are many different ways that you can express yourself or just do whatever you want. I always go for the laid back vibe where I compromise comfort along with the appearance of the outfit. My go-to brands to shop from for comfort are Urban Outfitters’ “Intimates” section and ReDone’s “Graphic Vintage White T’s”. These pieces are super versatile and are easy to dress up or down.

Image credit

Accessorize That Fit

During the holidays, the last thing that you want to be stressing about is what you are going to wear and if it is too dressy or dressy enough. A super easy way that results in cute outfits is the introduction of accessories. Whether it be earrings, rings or necklaces, jewelry is effective in spicing up an outfit. I love all things gold and base my outfit around the gold jewelry that I wear. This makes the outfit process super easy and results in a cohesive look.