This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Tinder. Whether you wanted to find someone to hang out with, hook up with, or actually date, we’ve all been at that lowpoint in our lives where we thought getting a Tinder was a good idea. My lowpoint was the beginning of last semester. I had just gotten a new house and was going to be paying rent and all of my bills for the first time, so I was broke. While trying to think of ways to make some easy money, my friends jokingly said that I should make a Tinder to try to find a sugar daddy.

Image credit

I 100% respect girls with sugar daddies, so I figured it was worth a shot. I had nothing to lose. I made an account with all of my cutest pics, set the age range as high as it would go, and put my Venmo in the bio. (It’s @allybrunner, if anyone is interested.) I decided to swipe right on everyone, cause looks don’t matter if you’re sending me money, and I pretty quickly had some matches. Whenever they messaged me, I made it clear that I just needed some extra cash.

Image credit

Some people were surprisingly pretty into it, but most of them wanted something out of it too. I wasn’t trying to meet any 60 year old man who was matching with 20 year olds on Tinder, but they had some pretty convincing offers. I eventually got one guy to venmo me $50 because “a girl like you shouldn’t be struggling”. And ya know, shout out to that guy. Nobody should be struggling, so thanks for the help, Robert.

I woke up the next morning and tried to get onto my Tinder, but some error code came up instead. When I looked it up, it told me that I had been banned for violating the Terms of Service or Community Guidelines and would not be able to have a Tinder profile connected to my phone number.

Image credit

It was fun while it lasted. Catch me on Seeking Arrangements.

Hi I'm Ally! I'm studying journalism and dance at the University of Kansas.