How To Be Your Own Stylist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Have you ever wished you were rich and you could hire a stylist? Do you ever get overwhelmed with trying to find clothes that coordinate? Well my friend, you’re in luck. With social media platforms popping up out of no where nowadays, of course there’s one so you can now be your own personal stylist

Polyvore is a technology company with more than 20 million visitors very month. The site lets you mix and match products to create something different, new and entirely you. 

With Polyvore you can be your own stylist and influence others with your own styling. 

Not only can you create outfits on the site, you can also shop with links and price located on each image item. 

Only want a green top to go with your black skinny jeans and nude pumps? There’s a filter for that. The site allows you to pair bottoms with tops and match shoes with any type of accessory, cosmetic, or background.

Polyvore made Time’s “50 Websites That Make The Web Great 2011,” Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies 2012” and Entrepreneur Magazine’s “100 Most Brilliant Compamies 2011.” 

The website gives you a September issue magazine everyday with new trends and products started everyday. You can be the next Anna Wintour with Polyvore. 

The website is also interactive. You can join groups, participate in contests and even give others advice. 

Polyvore has been around for a while, but it’s a good website to utilize when you want to be your own stylist. 

It’s a fashion community online with great tips and ways to create your own personal style. 

Image 1 – polyvore.com

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt
alt

Preferences

Junior at the University of Kansas, studying Journalism and French.