Nutritious Melting Soft Creme Mask
Nutritious Melting Soft Creme Mask
Original photo by Yasesvi Punuganti

Here’s How I’m Prioritizing My Skincare During Finals Week at KU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Presented by Estée Lauder x Her Campus

If there is anything I have learned from college, it’s that stress shows in your mood, energy levels, body, and most of all, skin. And, as someone who struggles with sensitive, acne-prone skin – both of which flare up during times of stress – I love to make sure I prioritize skincare during the most stressful time of the semester: finals week. Here’s how I’m doing it!

Making sure my skincare routine has products that work well for my skin

Although I usually love a long, luxurious skincare routine, that’s not realistic during finals week. Instead, I find it best to pair my skincare routine down to a great cleaner and moisturizer to ensure I can care for my skin no matter how busy I get. And, Estée Lauder’s Nutritious Line has the perfect products for finals week! 

The 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser is a nutrient-rich daily cleanser that removes excess oil and impurities while minimizing the look of pores and is the best way to wash the finals-sweat-stress of my face. I like to then follow it up with the Radiant Essence Lotion which is hydrating, and helps prevent redness and reduce excess oil. I use it both in the morning before classes and after late-night library study sessions. Each of these products is lightweight, extremely moisturizing and cleansing, and gives my skin an amazing glow. 

Keeping skincare in my backpack 

As I said, my sensitive skin flares up during times of stress. So, to make sure I am always taking care of my skin during finals week, I keep mini sizes of my favorite skincare in my backpack for when my skin needs some help throughout the day. The Radiant Essence Lotion is always by my side just in case my skin feels dry or dull.

Staying hydrated 

When it comes to dehydration, I learned my lesson during my first finals week last semester. I didn’t stay hydrated, and it definitely showed in my skin. I broke out, and my skin looked dull and dry. This finals season, however, I am prioritizing hydration by drinking at least three bottles of water no matter what. Remember: keeping your skin healthy depends on how you care for your body!

Doing skincare treatments after long, stressful days

Although I like to keep my skincare simple during finals week, I like to give my skin a little extra love after particularly stressful days. My favorite way to take extra care of my skin is doing a face mask in the evening. The Nutritious Melting Soft Mask is perfect for nourishing your skin after studying for hours or finishing a daunting exam. With ingredients like sweet kelp and red algae ferment, this mask leaves my skin feeling deeply moisturized and glowy. 

Prioritizing sleep

Although late nights and sometimes all-nighters are inevitable during finals week, my overall well-being (especially my skin) is the worst when I do not prioritize rest. I try to get seven hours of sleep minimum during finals week. A great way to try and make sure you get enough sleep is figuring out the exact time you need to go to sleep each day to get enough rest to remain fresh for your finals and planning your study sessions accordingly. 
In my experience, if my skin doesn’t feel and look good, I don’t feel good. That’s why taking extra care of your skin during important times, such as finals week, is so important. My daily skincare routine has always been a ritual that grounds and soothes me. With skincare brands such as Estée Lauder, and great products like those from the Nutritious line, I know we can all have healthy, cared-for skin during finals week. Good luck!

This is a sponsored article. All opinions are 100% our own.

Hi! I'm Brynna Burnett. I'm a freshman at KU majoring in Journalism with minors in Spanish and music. I am a writer for Her Campus KU and the Daily Kansan. I love to write about social issues, lifestyle, and travel.