HCKU Hosts People StyleWatch

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Her Campus KU was excited to host People StyleWatch on-campus for the Celebrity Stylist Tour on Union Plaza in October. We met with StyleWatch’s TV Stylist & Market Editor Joiee Thorpe who showed us how to wear the trends for every event this semester. 

I was thrilled to get a personal appointment with Joiee.  After all, college is where we come to learn, and Joiee schooled me on finding designer duds with student funds.  One of her go-to brands is Nordstrom Rack, and with better deals than Mass Street, it’s a go-to store.

This fall, it’s all about prints. We loved seeing all of the fabulous animal prints on so many kinds of items, including pants and leggings (similar here). As Joiee says, “These Graphic animal print cropped pants are an amazing statement pant for your fall wardrobe. You can even pair them with a blazer if you are interviewing in a creative field or pair with a moto jacket and flats for casual fun events.” And Joiee perfectly paired her printed pants with an adorable Paige denim embellished vest that she scored for $70 at Nordstrom Rack (similar here).

Nordstrom Rack items are so affordable, I couldn’t believe it. As a college student juggling three jobs to pay the rent, being able to find such great items for less was great, especially knowing a professional stylist loved the looks as much as me. Joiee said, “I love Nordstrom Rack because you can always find amazing designer merchandise for a fraction of the price.”

If there is one thing I learned from StyleWatch (and college), it’s that knowledge is power…so consider me a shopping genius!

Laura Lyndall Fagen is a junior at the University of Kansas majoring in Strategic Communications and Theater. She is a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters and loves all things volunteering.