This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

I remember the good old days when I was just getting into makeup. The bright blue eyeshadow shades and bright red lip colors stood out to my 10 year old self so much that I created the most hideous makeup looks known to man. Lucky for me, everyone my age was dealing with the same make-up mishaps as me. Needless to say, my fifth grade class was a walking circus (insert clown emoji)!

You are probably a college student if you are reading this. Maybe you want to get into makeup or maybe you have already been into makeup but want to know what the best makeup products are. Fear not! I will be sharing my favorite makeup must haves for a full face of makeup. Some of these are branded products and some of these are drugstore products. My main concern is always quality and in my opinion, these products are to die for! Without further delay, let’s get into it:

1. Too Faced “Hangover: Replenishing Face Primer”

This primer does wonders for my skin. It is water-based, so it does not make your skin feel oily or sticky. Instead, it replenishes your skin with hydration and becomes a perfect base for the rest of your makeup!

Too Faced

2. IT Cosmetics “Your Skin But Better: CC+ Cream”

If you are looking for a light-weight medium coverage foundation, this CC+ cream is calling your name. It is great for when you are looking for a bit more coverage for a special day or night out. It does a great job staying on your face and keeping your natural glow while also providing a bit of coverage and correction.

Her Campus Media

3. Almay “Clear Complexion Concealor”

Almay is a drugstore brand and is super affordable! I like this specific concealor because it is subtle, not cakey, and has salycylic acid which helps with acne and acne scars. If you are looking for a small amount of undereye coverage, concealor for eyeshadow, and blemish control…I highly recommend this.

4. Laura Mercier “Translucent Loose Setting Powder”

This is the perfect product to top off your CC+ cream and concealor. It packs all the oils and product in to last the entire day. It also prevents oil build up on your face throughout the day, which is a life-saver…trust me!

Laura Mercier

5. Benefit Cosmetics “Hoola Matte Bronzing Powder”

If you are not quite ready to full out contour your face, this Hoola bronzing powder creates a subtle countour/tan for your face. It is also perfect for most skin tones! It even comes with a tiny brush for application.

assorted make-up products against a yellow and blue background
James Lewis/Unsplash

6. Tarte Blush and Glow “Blush and Highlighter in Rose Gold”

Looking for a Duo blush and highlighter set? This is for you! The included blush in the rose shade is a great shade for a natural-looking blush. The highlighter is pigmented the perfect amount and gives a very natural glow to your skin.

oval makeup brush with compact mirror
Photo by Studio 7042 from Stocksnap

7. Wander Beauty “High Line Liquid Eyeliner”

Not many beginners end up doing their eyeliner but this eyeliner is a must. It is so great for creating thin and precise lines and wings. The quality and shade of black is amazing. It applies super easily and has just the right thickness to have control over the lines you create on your eye.

Reece Andavolgyi

8. Too Faced “Better Than Sex Mascara”

Unless you have been living under a rock, I guarantee you have come across this product’s name before. And for the record… it is better than sex. This mascara creates the perfect illusion of thick and long eyelashes without being obvious about it. It compliments essentially every makeup look and I have been buying it for years!

Too Faced
9. Glossier “Rose Balm Dot Com”

I am always in need of a good lip balm for moisturization and Glossier’s balm dot com does just the trick. Not only does it smell amazing, but it hydrates every part of your lips, leaving them soft and cushion-like!

Courtesy of Joelle Hyman

10. Kylie Cosmetics “Matte Lip Kit”

I was always skeptical of Matte lips because I thought they would dry my lips like a drought. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I purchased my first Kylie lip kit. It comes with a matte lip color and a lip liner in the color of your choice. When you don’t want to do a full lip, even a few dots of the lip kit will go a long way. Just place a few dabs on your lips, even it out and go about your day!

Bottom half of black african woman's lips with pink lipstick
Photo by RF._.studio from Pexels

11. Too Faced “Lip Injection Extreme Lip Plump”

Okay, okay, I know this is supposed to be beginner friendly and an “extreme lip injection” doesn’t sound too beginner. Hear me out though! This specific lip injection gives the natural plumpiness to your lips. Just put a shade or tint on before this and add a swipe of the lip plump. It may sting at first, but it’s so worth it!

Too Faced
12. Urban Decay “All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray”`

This is another one of those products that you have heard a lot about, but rightfully so. This may not work on all skin types, but I was pleasantly surprised with the longevity of this product. It doesn’t smell the best, but it keeps my makeup on and gives a perfect finishing touch to my face!

Sephora

13.Anastasia Beverly Hills “Brow Definer”

This brow definer is amazing because it is super easy to control your hand movement with it. It is perfect for peeople who have limited brow hairs and are looking for some definition!

14. Too Faced “Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette”

Last but not least, this eye-shadow palette is a must-have. I love doing eyeshadow when I get the chance. This palette in specific has the perfect amount of neutral, pink, and colorful shades and works perfectly with any occasion!

Too Faced

These are some of my recommendations! Try them out if you haven’t and let me know what you think!

I am a college student interested in Human Biology and Creative Writing. In my free time, I love writing poetry and I cover topics such as mental health, racism, global, and social justice issues! Being a writer for her campus inspires me to keep writing!