Style > Beauty

Five Mini Beauty Transformations That Will Have You Feeling Like a Whole New Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Spray Tan

A spray tan is an absolute game changer, especially if you’re like me and are naturally ghostly-pale. It makes a special occasion even more special—or if you’re just feeling bored it’s great for that too. In Lawrence I recommend Ultimate Tan and Spa on Iowa. There’s no membership required, and they do $15 custom spray tans on Thursdays. Just be sure not to go too dark or you’ll end up looking like Ross Geller.   

Image Credit

Bangs

I am a firm believer that everyone should try bangs at least once in their life. Maybe you’ll experience instant regret and start guzzling biotin to try and correct your mistake as quickly as possible—or maybe it will become your new signature look. If you’re like me, as soon as the hairdresser spins you around, you’ll experience a brief moment of overwhelming panic at what you have just done to your face. But it will grow on you. Or if you’re like my roommate, after a bad breakup you’ll just wander casually into the bathroom with a set of shears and emerge with a fresh set of bags. And they’ll look great. Either way it will be an adventure! 

Image Credit

New Piercing

If you want to add something new to your look or just feel like rebelling against your parents, a new piercing is perfect—just as long as you’re not too afraid of needles.

Image Credit

Teeth Whitening Strips

These aren’t a quick transformation if you’re going for the 14-day kit, but the wait is well worth it to perk up your smile. These kits can be pretty pricy, but I really recommend trying it at least once!

And yes, somehow there’s a Ross Geller beauty fail for this too.

Image Credit

New Lip Color

And finally, if you want something cheap, simple, and temporary, a new lip gloss or lipstick always puts a little more pep in my step. I recommend the Fenty Glow Gloss Bomb as the best lip gloss ever. It isn’t too sticky or gooey, smells great, and looks good on seriously everyone. Thank you for your service, Rihanna!

Image Credit

Senior at the University of Kansas studying English and journalism & editor of Her Campus KU. You can find me hiding in the Watson Library study carrels or wandering around HomeGoods avoiding all responsibilities.