Find Your Perfect Swimsuit Before Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

We all know that swimsuit shopping can often be torturous. The trick is to get comfortable with your body, know it and own it. The leap from winter to summer skin can be an intimidating one, but with the help of fabulous swimwear, you’ll own the beach during spring break. 

The Bandeau Top

Floral Smocked Bandeau Bikini Top and Bottoms. Forever21.com. $25. The bandeau can be tricky. This cut aims for the smaller chested, but choose wisely. Look for a scrunchy style that will flatter the girls and won’t flatten you out. The bandeau is perfect for avoiding pesky tan lines, but look for straps when it comes to water sports!

The Plunging One Piece

Mallorca Meet-Up One Piece. Modcloth.com. $145. If you’ve got it, flaunt it. A plunging neckline allows for a modest showcase of your proudest features. A fun and funky design will add a chill vibe while the one piece keeps you slim and trim. Show off your beautiful curves and gifts to make the boys swoon while staying comfortable and stylish.

Artsy Chic

Cross Front Wrap Halter. ASOS.com. $52. If you’re a believer in fashion being art, check out a modern take on the bikini halter top. The beach will be your runway when you slip into a stylish and modest take on swimwear! This style is always a must to try on before buying to make sure everything stays in place!

The Patriot

American Bikini. Oldnavy.com. $20. America is always in. The classic bikini with a patriotic twist makes the perfect swimwear. This is my favorite closet staple and will look great on any vacation! And yes, it’s only $20. 

The Diva

Josephine Swim Collection. Josephineswim.com. The words on everyone’s lips are Josephine Swim. This collection is outrageous and fabulous for the women with kickin’ curves. The styles range from one piece, two piece, high waist, tankini to everything you could ever imagine AND it all looks perfect on a fuller figure. 

The Boho

Rip Curl Fringe Bandeau Top. $50. PacSun.com. Fringe will never go out of style. This chic bandeau top feature cute and simple fringe as well as an braided, bead detail. The perfect look for the boho diva! 

White Heat

Mesh Insert V Plunge Swimsuit. $51. ASOS.com. Let’s bring back the sexy plunge and pair it with white. Break into the summer spirit before Memorial Weekend and rock white during spring break. Mesh inserts are featured and add a hint of sexy to the suit, but leave enough hidden for the imagination to run wild. 

The Cutout

Tringle Cut Out Bikini. Victoriassecret.com. $64. Victoria’s Secret is infamous for delivering the sexiest, most stylish suits of the season. Dive into spring break in a cutout bikini. This provides the perfect coverage while baring some skin to keep it interesting. WARNING: Tan lines can get interesting.