Favorite Hairstyles Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

At the moment, I can’t do much with my hair because it is super short. In all honesty, I wish I kept it long because it is so much fun to style it, especially for a night out on the town. There are so many options to choose from when it comes to hair. Instead of showing you photos this week, I will post videos because with hair it is all about tutorials. You can always read, but it is easier to see. 

Sock Bun

Now this hair style is easy to pull off and just takes a couple minutes. It is good for a night on the town or a casual day out. Either way, the sock bun has definitely been a popular hairstyle for many girls. The first time I tried this on my cousin, my arms were hurting. It takes a couple of tries, but when you get the hang of it, it is like second nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBMx3N-BJc

Fishtail Braid

This is probably one of my favorite braids to do, maybe it’s the bohemian in me, but I think it is absolutely cute. It is definitely a more casual braid to do, but also easy enough to do if you are in a rush to school or something. This is my go-to-braid every time I braid my hair because a french braid seems so passé now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTrE-lrStGA

Curled Hair

This takes me into all different kinds of way you could curl your hair. There are so many way to go about it, it is easier if I explain them to you. Over the years I have tried many ways to curl my hair and I find it best to explain them rather than show a tutorial. Every girl should know how to curl her hair right? My two favorite ways to curl is with a straightner and a wand. The curling iron just has no use for me anymore. Although, I am lucky enough to have thick hair so it will actually stay for a couple days, which in turn has my bed head looking fabulous.

The straightner is perfect for curling your hair because it helps it stay longer. The curls are bouncier and it also has a shiny sheen to it. Now its not like a curling iron where you wrap it around and let is stay for a couple minutes and voilá, it curls. No, you actually have to make a circular motion starting from the top and moving all the way to the bottom. If you don’t do it right, your hair might end up looking like its crimped. 

The wand, which looks like a curling iron without the clamping part, is better to me because I like beachier waves. The curls are more free flowing and wild, which I am obsessed with easiness, as you can tell. It is easier to wrap your hair around and hold it in position. The curl is more effective and ultimately it ends up the way you want it to.