This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons for a few reasons. 

First, it’s sweater weather. I love wearing all my sweaters and hoodies with my sweats and leggings every fall. Fall begun on September 22, and you already know I was in one of my favorite hoodies that day. I love being comfortable and cozy in my hoodies and layering up when the weather changes. 

Second, I love how the leaves change colors on the trees. Driving through my neighborhood while the leaves change from red to yellow is one of the best things about fall. The streets look beautiful and I love the cooler weather. 

Third, I always enjoy doing fall photoshoots with my friends. 

camera set up
Photo by Aleks Marinkovic from Unsplash

As the leaves begin to change color, I already know I’m going to get out my camera and ask my friends to take pictures with me. I have done shoots every season and my fall shoots are one of my favorites. 

For those wanting to take some photographs this fall, I wanted to recommend some places people could go to with their friends or family! 

1. I know this sounds cliché but the first place I go is the park. I always make sure I go to one and walk along the paths until I find a location where I want to shoot. I love taking photographs in parks with large trees and colorful leaves because having a variety of different colors in the backgrounds makes everything pop! 

2. Louisberg Cider Mill in Louisberg, Kansas is another great place to take photographs. I’ve gone here in the past with some of my friends and taking pictures near the maze, with pumpkins, donuts, and around the barn is so fun. Besides coming here to shoot, I always find pumpkins, drink cider, and eat their cider doughnuts! Many families come here every year and it’s a friendly and cozy environment to be in. 

Photo by Marius Ciocirlan on Unsplash

3. Pumpkin Patches including Schaake’s Pumpkin Patch and Meuschke Farms in Lawrence, Kansas are other places many people love to go to. Taking photos with pumpkins in front of corn mazes and barns is always so fun. I love taking pictures in front of barns and I don’t really know why. It might be because of the different colored wood or because of the structure, but I always find them as a cute backdrop! 

4. Gardens are another great place to take fall photos! I love going to arboretums because you’re surrounded by nature. There are always beautiful locations for artsy backgrounds and I always go to arboretums once or twice a year. There are great locations, especially in the spring, when all the flowers are blooming!! 

5. Coffee shops are another place I always love going to for photographs. I know people can go to coffee shops every season but there’s always something different in the fall. It may be because of the pumpkin flavored drinks you’re drinking or sweaters you’re wearing in your photograph. I love the aesthetics and cozy vibes they bring and always taking a picture with coffee is a go-to!

Molly Peach-Laughing In Field
    Molly Peach / Her Campus

Hi, I'm Wonbin Park. I'm currently a senior studying Journalism and Photography major at the University of Kansas. I have a passion for photography and writing and hope to become a photojournalist in the future! My hobbies include photography, drinking coffee, watching K-Dramas with my friends and family!