Esteban Marquez ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

This Puerto Rican hottie may seem like a goof to you, but that bow-tie don’t lie, ladies! His charm may be what intially catches your eye, but read a little more and you’ll see this week’s pre-med cutie has so much more to offer than just a pretty face!

Name: Esteban Marquez

Twitter: esteban_papi  

Major: Human Biology (Premed) Minor in Leadership Studies

Year in School: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Activities: Intramural sports, ATO, The Big Event, KUDM, Homecoming Steering Committee, LeaderShape, and Alternative Breaks.

Off-Campus Activities: Playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working at a medical clinic in Kansas City.

Do you have any hidden talents? I speak English, Spanish, and French fluently.

Okay, you’re taking your dream girl out on a date. What do you do and where do you go? On a dream date, we’d go to Chipotle and she would like it… but if I’m trying to be classier I’d take her to dinner on the Plaza in KC and probably hang out after (I’m not too picky…)

What is your biggest flaw? Procrastination!

What’s one thing we would never guess about you? I was born in Puerto Rico.

Life Motto: We fall so we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Favorite Prof at KU? Brian Daldorph (Intro. to Poetry) – BEST!

What are the first few things you notice about a girl? Her smile, eyes, and sense of humor

Something you wish more girls would do: Be decisive

What’s your favorite thing to do at KU? Walking to class and enjoying the visual aesthetics of our beautiful campus… also going to basketball games!

TV show you’re hooked on right now: White Collar

Favorite bar: The Wagon Wheel (Honorable mention: Quinton’s Bar & Deli)

Turn Ons: Confidence is attractive…so are belly-button piercings.

Turn Offs: Ladies talking bad about other ladies

Man crush? Justin Timberlake

Pet Peeve: When you ask for “lots of fire sauce” at Taco Bell and they give you like two packets… also, people who double dip.

Guilty pleasure: Grease

Favorite dessert: Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

Current favorite song: Hey Brother – Avicii

What’s something girls do that makes you weak in the knees? Kiss on the neck

What’s an average day for you look like? I’m a busy guy during the day, but I’m always open to have fun at night, regardless of how busy the next day looks like.

Favorite fall fashion piece on a lady: Yoga pants. :)

Where would we find you on a Friday night? Hangin’ out with my fraternity brothers.

What made you want to pursue the academic discipline you’re in right now? Helping others in need.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Barcelona, Spain. Best city in the world.

If you were to take a girl home to Momma Marquez, what characteristics does she have to have? “Charming and polite” (I actually asked my mom about this one)

What drives you? Being challenged by others; it makes me grow as a person.

What’s your favorite thing about KU? Aside from our basketball tradition, I think we have the best mascot in the nation!

Give me your best pick-up line. Don’t act like you don’t have one: I don’t need words. All it takes is a smile.

Celebrity Crush: Mila Kunis

What can a girl do to get your attention? Come up and talk to me; confidence is key!

Favorite NFL & NBA team: Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Heat (proud fan since 2006)

Post-graduate plans? Medical school (Fingers crossed!)

Million-dollar question: What sets you apart from other guys? Why do you think you’re a catch? I’m Puerto Rican, does anything else really need to be said?