This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.
Grad year: May 2016
Major: Journalism (News & Information)
Hometown: Beloit
Relationship status: I have very little money and free time (AKA single)
Extracurricular involvement: Robert J. Dole Institute of Politics, Alpha Tau Omega
Favorite building on campus: Robert J. Dole Institute of Politics
Favorite food: Liver & Onions (yes, really!)
Life motto: “The truth is not always the same as the majority decision.” – Saint John Paul the Great
Dogs or cats: Tied!  Cats are independent, low-maintenance and have a hilarious attitude.  Dogs, however, are so loveable and friendly, which makes them hard to beat.
Describe your dream date: It would start with a great meal in a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, followed by a classic rock concert.  This might describe the aforementioned answer on why I am single…
Best class you’ve taken at KU: I have loved most of my classes in the journalism school, especially in the last couple of years.  Outside of the journalism school, I took a really interesting class called “Extremist Groups and Government Response” with Professor Don Haider-Markel.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully still doing what I love – political campaign strategy.  I have no preference on location, besides the fact that I love living in Kansas.
Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life? Besides my parents, grandparents, teachers, and coworkers on campaigns and on campus (who have mentored me SO much), my biggest inspiration is Senator Bob Dole.  Not only do he and I align politically, but he is also from rural Kansas, was horrifically injured, and in the 71 years that followed, has continued to make a difference.  Today, at 92, Senator Dole is still working every day, and continues to improve so many lives.  How could you not be totally inspired? 
I am also inspired by Carly Fiorina and her campaign team, which I had the honor to be a part of. Her incredible intelligence and remarkable strength through a life of many unbelievable challenges is a model for so many, especially young women.

What makes someone a true Jayhawk? A true Jayhawk is someone who loves of the University of Kansas, the State of Kansas, the ideals upon which the state was founded and gives part of their life to all of those causes.

All photos are courtesy of Eric Pahls.