This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Elliott Woody

Major: Undecided

Year: Class of 2018 (Self described as “fresh meat”)

Works at: Boys and Girls club “Kennedy Elementary, shoutout!”

Hometown: Topeka, Kansas

Relationship Status: It’s complicated

What brought you here to KU?

“Well, you see, I’ve always wanted to go here because I grew up in Topeka so it was always just down the road.”

What are some of your favorite things to do in Lawrence?

“Hang out on Mass Street, go to KU games, I like sports games, walking around, being active, and going to the rec.”

What kind of music are you into?

“Everything”

Everything? Do you want to specify some favorite bands or just leave it at that?

“The Schoolboy Q Pandora station. There you go. It’s got all the good sh*t on there.”

What TV series are you addicted to?

“ah, I don’t have time to watch TV. If I do watch TV it’s like ESPN or something.”

What are you so busy with?

“School work, work, and going to the rec… and eating my life away, check!”

Describe yourself in three words:

“Family, Friends, and God”

What is your idea of a perfect date?

“Man…Chipotle for breakfast lunch and dinner and uh…watching movies and relaxing. Kicking back, chillin like a villain.”

Are you looking for a girlfriend?

“No, because I hate relationships…that’s why it’s complicated, because I hate relationships. They’re stupid, I always get F***ed over.”

Would you rather go out to a big party on a Friday night, or stay in and have a movie night?

“I guess you could say I’d go out. As of lately, other than last week, I’ve been staying in because it’s been cold, but I like going out. It’s fun.”

What is your favorite restaurant in Lawrence?

“Oh, man that’s hard… I don’t know… I did like that one restaurant that burned down [it didn’t actually burn down, but there was a fire]. The one that had the dollar bills all over the walls. It’s a bar. It starts with a J, I think. Jefferson’s! Somebody told me that it caught fire.

What are you doing for spring break this year?

“I’m going to Colorado to visit my brother. He just recently moved there for a teaching job.”

Is this your ideal spring break? What would you do if money wasn’t a component?

“Oh, if money wasn’t a component, I’d get all of my friends together and we’d go to some Island. What’s a fancy island? Oh, the Cayman Islands!”

What goals to you have for the future?

“I plan to have a good job…so vague. I plan on being a great dude and helping out lots of people in my future.”

Photos provided by Elliott Woody

I am a Chicago native, and a student at the University of Kansas. I'm studying secondary education with an emphasis in English, and I hope to earn my masters in special education. My favorite things in the world are puppies, girl's nights in, and perfectly balanced caramel macchiatos. My least favorite things are clowns, writer's block, and going to the dentist. If you want to know more about me, just read my articles! I will try to put my own personal spin on every topic I cover. Her Campus rules, Rock Chalk!