This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Love awesome skin care but can’t afford the price? DIY face masks can do the trick! Whether you want to treat yourself after a long day or have a fun spa night with friends, there is a homemade face mask for every skin type!

Acne-Prone Skin

Dermatologists love baking soda because of it’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help clear your skin!

1 teaspoon lemon

1 tablespoon honey

1 tsp baking soda

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Apply to your face and wait 15 minutes, then wash away with water.

Image credit : https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/264667.php

Dry Skin

Honey + Avocado = the BEST hydration while almonds gently exfoliate.

2 tablespoons honey

1/4 mashed avocado

2 tablespoons almonds, finely ground

Mash the avocado in a bowl. Add honey and ground almonds. Leave on your face for 15-20 minutes and rinse away for baby soft skin!

Sensitive Skin

You don’t want to overdue the skincare when you have sensitive skin. Oatmeal is a perfect exfoliant to avoid redness!

2/3 tablespoon yogurt

2 tablespoons oatmeal

Mix the ingredients together and apply to your face for 10-15 minutes.

Image credit : http://laespanolaoliveoil.com/uk/blog/how-to-make-your-own-simple-olive-…

Oily Skin

If your skin is anything like mine, it gets oily fast. Let this oatmeal and green tea mask help the excess oils stay away.

3 tablespoons powdered (ground) oatmeal

2 teaspoons green tea

1 teaspoon honey

Optional : 2-3 drops of an essential oil of your choice

Leave on your skin for 20 minutes or until dry.  

Dull Skin

Does your skin need help with its natural glow? This gentle face mask will do the trick!

1/2 mashed banana

1 tablespoon orange juice

1 tablespoon honey

Mash the banana in a bowl, then add orange juice and honey. Apply to your face and wait 15 minutes before washing it away to reveal brighter, beautiful skin!

Hi I'm Ally! I'm studying journalism and dance at the University of Kansas.