This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

This Fake Patty’s Day, my friend and I decided we would rather have our drinks with us at all times rather than worry about which red solo cup is ours and what might have been put in it. However, carrying a pack of water bottles (or a bottle of Kinky Vodka — it is Fake Patty’s, after all!) can be a major inconvenience. We decided to buy giant water bottles and go decoration crazy! This cheap and easy project can work for any drink and any holiday or event: sangria for the Fourth of July, beer for Labor Day at the lake, or just plain water at any summer concert!

What you’ll need:

• 2.2 Liter plastic water jug (available at WalMart)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Sponge brushes (one for each color you plan on using)
  • Stickers: letters, holiday or event-themed
  • Stick-on rhinestones

How to make it:

1) Paint the water bottle. For best results, either use white paint as a primer before another color, or use the sponge brush to dab the paint on thick. Paint several coats. Experiment with different patterns or designs!

2) Once paint is completely dried, add on stickers. Here, my friend made hers say, “FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT”. For mine, I chose, “fake it we’ll do it LIVE.”

3) Add rhinestones and holiday-themed stickers for extra ~*PizzaZ~*

4) Take hilarious failure of a panoramic picture in an attempt to show off your artistry skills.

5) Fill with cold drink of choice and enjoy!