Confessions of an Online Shopaholic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. You actually get overly excited thinking about going home to cuddle up in bed and browse online stores.

2. You have shopping bags on multiple sites filled with items you will never buy. (Maybe…)

3. But then you get a paycheck and you realize you can afford a couple of those items…. 

4. So you happily go through your shopping bags eliminating those pieces that you actually don’t absolutely need.

5. Then you realize you need to eliminate a few more… So you go back through and eliminate the most expensive but still take note of them so maybe you can ask for them for Christmas? Birthday? Happy Saturday?

6. So finally you have moved majority of the pieces to your Save For Later bag or your Wishlist until you have reached an amount that is only $15 over your actual spending limit.

7. That’s before shipping though… So you reach checkout and you have to take a second to question if this will actually work. Maybe I can just wait an extra week to buy groceries and I’ll buy Franzia to last me awhile?

8. So after you reaffirm yourself that you can totally manage without that extra $25 you will spend past your limit, you get excited as you type in your info as fast as humanly possibly so you couldn’t possibly talk yourself out of the purchase. 

9. And of course, in anticipation, immediately after checking out you get the tracking number so you can check it at least three times a day. 

10. And you check the mail as soon as you get home, and periodically through the night in case you missed it. 

11. Oh the joy of receiving the package. Nothing will ever compare to this glorious moment as you rip open the beautiful things you just couldn’t live without.

12. And then the process starts all over again. The shopping carts are full from awaiting your last packages and they are just anxiously waiting for the next paycheck…