This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Carole Baskin is bringing her love of big cats with her when she begins the 2020 season of Dancing with the Stars.

Nowadays, there are very few people who are not familiar with the name Carole Baskin. She is most well-known for her appearance in the Netflix docuseries “Tiger King,” where we got to know her as the CEO of Big Cat Rescue and enemy of Joe Exotic.  

For the 29th season of DWTS Baskin is going to make a big, if not slightly expected entrance with a paso-double dance to Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger.” She has also collaborated with the costume staff and will be wearing a tiger-themed outfit. She also told them that she refuses to wear feathers, leather and fur, but is considering flower crowns.

Baskin told the LA Times that she is hoping to stay in the competition as long as she can to spread the word about Big Cat Rescue and its mission to save tigers.

However, this may prove to be difficult. While growing up, dancing was considered a sin in her household. Even at her wedding, she and her husband did not share a first dance.

She was hesitant to participate in DWTS, but her daughter convinced her that she needed to do it. But after literally stumbling out of her first dance rehearsal, she realized how far she has to go before the competition begins.

“I tripped right into the security guard as we were leaving the dance studio,” Baskin told USA Today. “It was like, ‘Oh, I have so far to go.”

Baskin won’t be the only docuseries participant this season. She will be joined by Monica Aldama, the head coach from the series “Cheer.”

Pairings for the season will not be revealed until the premiere, which will be on September 14.