nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Can We Stop All The Ted Bundy Love?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Hello, lovelies! I am here to wish you all a generous and successful spring semester! I am also here on a mission, or possibly a good old fashion classy PSA.

[Trigger Warning: SA, r*pe]

Y’all need to stop thirsting for famed serial killer Ted Bundy. Yes, you heard me, a serial killer. Ted Bundy, the man who murdered and raped over thirty innocent women. 

Image credit

Let me explain if you have been living under a rock. Recently, Netflix released a short docuseries about the murderer that reveals conversations with him while he was on death row, including his eventual confession in which he explained his crimes with absolutely no remorse. 

Image credit

Ever since the release of the series and the trailer for Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile started going viral, his mediocre attractiveness has been brought to high awareness on social media and most of the attention isn’t exactly negative. 

Image credit

Need I remind everyone that his good looks and charisma are exactly what he used to gain trust to his poor victims? He would even pretend to be injured and wear fake casts and slings to gain the sympathy of the women he would end up killing. He was notorious due to his unvirtuous crimes and for the fact that he was so different from the other infamous psychopaths in American history. He was funny, handsome, intelligent, and held significant and normal relationships with women.  

Image credit

Let’s not forget that this is the same man that broke into a sorority house in the middle of the night and brutally attacked and raped four women in their sleep, killing two of them. He was a sickening narcissistic psychopath, and don’t forget that. 

I feel like a mom when I say this, and the fact that I have to say this kinda sucks, but stop crushing on a murderer. Please stop falling for his shameless antics even thirty years after his deserved execution. It’s not healthy, especially given that there are more people out there just like him today. I think his victims would have concurred that every girl deserves better than a serial killer. 

University of Kansas '21 Strategic Communications