Campus Cuties To Get You Through Finals Week: Stefan Mendoza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Ladies, take a quick study break this finals week and check out our computer science cutie, Stefan Mendoza! Unfortunately for the rest of the single KU female population, this Puerto Rican/Dominican cutie is happily taken, but don’t pass up the opportunity to read up on his sweet and intelligent demeanor.

Name: Stefan Mendoza

Major: Computer Science

Year in School: Junior

Relationship Status: Taken

Twitter: @brooklynjayhawk

What’s your favorite thing about your lady? Her personality. She’s always so supportive and we have really good chemistry together. She’s not just my girlfriend, she’s my best friend.

Campus Activities: I’m involved in KU’s Competitive Programming group and plan on being more involved in KU’s chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery next semester. Hopefully I can get involved in some sort of philanthropic organization on-campus next semester.

Activities Outside of Campus: I enjoy reading when I have free time and learning about what cool things are going on in society technology-wise. I also like hanging out with friends and family. It’s nice to get take a break from all the stress of school and just relax.

What’s one thing we would never guess about you? I visited the Twin Towers a month before September 11th.

Life motto: Do something everyday to make tomorrow better.

Turn ons: Intelligence, a sense of humor, and being confident and independent.

Turn offs: Girls who love being involved in drama or are insecure about themselves.

What’s the best part of being in a relationship? Having a support system and someone you can always count on and hang out with!

What’s your favorite fall/winter fashion piece on a girl? Scarves. I think when girls dress up all warm for the winter with a scarf, it makes them way cuter.

Best compliment you’ve received: “You make me a better person.”

Irrational fear you have: Heights. Even sitting at the top of the Sprint Center makes me super anxious.

You have to describe yourself in three words. Ready, set, go: Ambitious, compassionate, optimistic.

How did you “woo” your current girlfriend? Give it to me straight. She really started liking me, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to date and we stopped talking for a summer. When we started talking again she had a boyfriend. By some miracle they broke up soon after we started talking. I knew it was meant to be and to not let my opportunity pass again. And now we’re happy together!

Who has been the most influential person in your life and why: My dad. He’s always pushed me to do my best and has always told me I can do great things. He’s such a hard worker and sets a good example for the kind of man I hope to be.

Dream job? Starting a company that develops software people use everyday. The idea that someone could develops apps that people use everyday to make their lives easier really entices me.

What motivates you? Knowing that if I really put my mind to it and give it my all, I can help the world be a better place.

One goal you’ve set for next semester: Do better at studying and always give 110% in everything I do.

Favorite music artists: Kanye West, Jhene Aiko, and Drake

What’s your guilty pleasure? Romantic comedies! I know it’s not “tough,” but I think they’re cute. I’m a hopeless romantic.

Take me through your ideal date: We’d go out to dinner at a really nice Italian or sushi restaurant on a cool fall night by the shore, then walk on the boardwalk and just talk. At the end the night, we’d be out on a boat in the harbor enjoying a glass of wine and each another’s company.

What are the first three things you notice about a girl? Face, body, and how she treats people.

What are you looking forward to during winter break? Not having to wake up early and being able to see my girl and old friends back home.

Celebrity Crush: Kate Upton or Beyoncé

First thing you’re going to do once finals are over: Go see my family and have some of my mom’s cooking! Nothing like relaxing at home with family after a long week of stress.

Why do you think you’re a catch? I’m a really caring person and will always do my best to make sure the other person is happy. My girlfriend is always my best friend because you need that kind of closeness and communication to have a lasting relationship.