Best Coffee Shops in Lawrence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

When students are dealing with late nights and early morning classes they turn to coffee to keep them alert and focused. Lawrence
meets the high caffeine demand by having numerous coffee shops. With many various perks, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly which coffee shops are the best. So instead of explaining which beans are the tastiest here are just a few places to check out.

The Bourgeois Pig: The Bourgeois Pig brings fine coffee and cocktails under one roof. The outdoor patio faces 9th street around the corner from Mass Street . During the chilly evenings the patio has an outdoor heater which comes in handy when you want to take a study break with a cup of joe. It’s open from 7:00 a.m.. to 2:00 a.m.. and it regularly has drink specials like its dollar off pour over coffee.

Henry’s Coffee Shop: Located on 8th street just a little off Massachusetts, Henry’s is not just a coffee house. The two-level coffee shop has a cozy atmosphere downstairs with an outdoor patio. The upstairs is a bar where you can get a alcoholic or non alcoholic beverage of your choice . Henry’s opens at 7:00 a.m.. Monday through Saturday and 8:00 a.m.. on Sundays. They stay open until 2:00 a.m.. every night. It’s a place to hang out both day and night.

Java Break: Java Break is a 24-hour coffee shop at 7th and New Hampshire. Coffee and sandwiches are served all day every day. It also has a cereal bar with 30 different cereal types and 20 toppings. There is internet access with a drink purchase for those late night study sessions . Java Break also has the popular outdoor patio.

Milton’s Coffee: Coffee is in the name but that’s not all Milton’s Coffee has to offer. They offer breakfast  and lunch every day. The Massachusetts Street-based cafe serves breakfast all day and its lunch menu is available from 11:00 a.m.. to 2:00 p.m.. All of the baked goods are made fresh daily and they offer bottomless house cup and more.

There are many more coffee shops around Lawrence to try out. What is your favorite coffee shop?