This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

You are almost there kiddo, hang in there.

Saying that this year has been difficult would be an understatement, but knowing that Christmas is almost here is motivating enough to push through. When I was looking at colleges, no one ever told me that college was going to be as hard as it is (thanks friends). Luckily, there is light at the end of the tunnel. My biggest motivation is knowing exactly what I want and pushing to that goal. I have inspired myself by looking at motivational quotes, or videos that just help the feeling progress. Scrolling through Tumblr and Pinterest is such a great way to escape reality for just a brief moment.

From one student to another, life is about being happy and fulfilling your dreams and goals. Don’t do something that doesn’t make you happy, or doesn’t help you continue your goals. College is a stepping stone onto that path, and education is such a precious necessity. Find your inspiration to push through, whether is with a new clothing item, that one dream job you want, or the city you want to live in someday. The only way is through, not over.

Stay inspired.