Awesome KU Resources

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

As a student, it is important to be aware of all the resources KU offers.

For example, maybe you need some legal advice, but don’t know where to go. KU offers legal services for students and because this is included in our required campus fees, some services are free.

There are several other resources available to students ranging from counseling services to studying abroad to writing help for papers. If you’re a student and don’t know about all of these resources then you can check out the KU resource site, which provides a list of all of KU’s resources for undergraduates and graduates.

Also, there are some free events and classes students can participate in on campus. For instance, I took a self defense class my freshman year. It only lasted a couple of hours for one day, but it was taught by professionals and it was free. In order to find these events and classes, look at fliers on bulletin boards and you can check out KU’s calendar of events.

So take advantage of these opportunities while you can because after graduation you most likely won’t have them so readily available at no cost.