ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It’s finally here! Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos. Even more exciting, this Super Bowl is going to go down as one of the best match-ups in the history of Super Bowls. It’s going to be a ruthless battle of the best offense in the league against the best defense in the league. Peyton Manning, quarterback for the Denver Broncos, is easily one of the best QBs in the league and was just recently crowned NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. However, that might not be enough to take this game. Seattle’s top ranked defense includes game-changing player, Richard Sherman. Sherman has been deemed the best cornerback in the NFL by ESPN rankings and, of course, Richard Sherman himself.

It seems to be a pretty even-chanced game, but, walking around the University, it’s no secret which team the majority of the campus is rooting for. As crowds of students were racing to class on Friday afternoon, it was hard to look any direction without seeing some sort of Denver fan apparel. However, even with the high Denver student population at KU, I was able to find many die-hard Seattle Seahawks fans sporting their blue and green around campus.

So, KU, who do you think will win the Super Bowl? 

Photo Credit to Zak Listen

“I believe that the Broncos are going to win because they have arguably the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL. Even though our number one offense plays their number one defense, I think that we have far too many weapons for them to cover.” –Zak Listen, freshman from Fort Collins, Colo.

Photo Credit to Taylor Cox

“I think Seattle is going to win because that’s my hometown. Also, because their defense is the most talented that Peyton Manning has seen this year. I also think that Marshawn Lynch (Seattle’s running back) is going to have a huge game to help Seattle get the win.” –Taylor Cox (pictured right), senior from Seattle, Wash.

Photo Credit to Jordyn Pierce

“I think the Broncos are going to win the Super Bowl mainly because of their drive and dedication they share as a team. They are respectable men who work hard until they get what they want, which is that W. The Broncos are going to put everything on the line for this game. Peyton Manning has gotten us this far, he’s not going to give up on us now. He’s done so much for not only his team, but our city. I respect him and the rest of the team so much. A good way I like to describe them is humble and hungry. They basically let their playing do the talking. The connection and strive between the team will help the Broncos take the title.” –Jordyn Pierce, freshman from Aurora, Colo.

Photo Credit to Hallie Holton

“I’m rooting for Seahawks because they are my home team! It’s been so fun watching the Hawks perform as they have this season and I think today will be a great display of what they are capable of. Even from Kansas, amongst the many Broncos fans, I will be cheering ‘Go Hawks!!’” –Hallie Holton (pictured left), freshman from Seattle, Wash.

Photo credit via sportslogos.net