Style > Decor

Amazon Halloween Decorations that Won’t Break The Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

With Halloween rapidly approaching, we have a duty to make sure our homes are as festive as our minds are. But, as college students, it can be hard to go spend money on decorations that will only be out for a short amount of time. The thing about decorations, though, is that you can find cute ones for cheap, and I’m going to share some that I’ve found through Amazon. Everything here is linked!

1. These Bat Stickers

64 plastic bats for under $7? Talk about a steal. You can put these on walls, appliances, doors, and more. The body of each bat sticks to the wall/appliance, and then the wings are lifted for a more 3D effect. These are sure to make any space more festive and get you ready for Halloween.

1. These Jack-o-Lantern String Lights

These lights put a fun twist on the classic fairy string lights that have recently been very popular. For only $6.99, you can hang them from the ceilings, on the walls, around furniture—whatever you want! These cute Jack-o-Lantern lights are sure to add a fun ambiance to any room.

1. This Wooden Ghost Set

These fun wooden ghosts will add a more homemade element to your living space, and they’re super cute! The ghosts themselves are very minimalistic, and they each are holding extra things like a jack-o-lantern, spiders, and a witch’s hat. For $12.99 you can add these three ghosts to your decor collection.

1. These Posters

These cute Halloween posters come in a pack of twelve for only $11.99. These are perfect if you want more of a chic, modern vibe for your decor. These posters will look great in a frame, or even just put straight onto the wall, and will give your space great fall energy.

1. This Jack-o-Lantern Marquee Light

You can find this bright Jack-o-Lantern Marquee Light for only $9.99. It’s relatively small, so it would fit great on a nightstand, bookshelf, entertainment center, or wherever else you might want to put it. They’re also battery-operated, so you don’t have to worry about having them close to an outlet. 

1. This Plush Pumpkin

Coming in many different colors, this plush pumpkin is sure to fit into any space or color scheme. You can grab your own eight-inch version for only $7.99. These pumpkins are super soft and are great to use as a throw pillow on your couch or bed. Perfect for snuggling in and watching a Halloween movie!

1. These LED Neon Lights

Neon lights have been all the rage lately, and you can get your own ghost or bat versions! They’re both battery-operated, and you can get them for about $9 each. The ghost is free-standing and the bat is wall-mounted, so keep that in mind, but they look great just about anywhere! Bookshelves, walls, desks, and more. 

1. This Trick or Treat Wooden Block

Much like the ghosts from earlier, this wooden block will add a more homemade feel to your space. It has battery-operated lights, and you can get it for only $9.99 to add to your home. This decoration is great to layer with other decorations as well.

So, here are some cheap—but cute—Halloween decorations you can put out this fall. Buy some of these to help you get in the spooky spirit for the best time of the year. Happy Halloween!

Hello! I'm Abby DuBois, a member at the University of Kansas' chapter of Her Campus! This is my third semester as a member of the Writing Team for HCKU. I write about culture, entertainment, and school. Some articles I’ve written include: "5 Shows You Should Watch in 2023", "Easy Recipes to Take to Thanksgiving This Year", "7 Things I Wish I Knew as a Freshman", and "What Taylor Swift Album You Should Listen to Next Based on Your Favorite Midnights Song". I am currently a senior at the University of Kansas double majoring in History and Classical Humanities. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2024 and am undecided on my plans after that, but hope to work at a library or museum in the Kansas City area. In my free time, I love reading (especially Historical Fiction and Romance), going on walks, and finding new music to listen to. I also love learning about pop culture and trying out new recipes, which tends to fuel my writing for Her Campus.