Alex Winkler ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Alex Winkler

Twitter: @ay_dubb

Age: 19

Hometown: Marysville, Kan.

Year: freshman

Major: pre-pharmacy

Relationship Status: single

Dream Occupation: professional rock climber/baseball player/race car driver/sky diver/astronaut/world traveler

Favorite Movie: Little Rascals, Sandlot and The Goonies are a three-way tie.

Celeb Crush: Daphne from Scooby Doo

What kind of qualities to do you look for in a girl? I look for someone who is funny, shorter than me, generally nice to everyone and has big ambitions!

Turn-offs? Girls who are dramatic, have a beauty queen attitude and ask me to touch their feet. Not going to happen!

Describe your ideal date: You and me goin’ fishing in the dark?

What’s the craziest thing you’ve done to impress a girl? I don’t really know what “crazy” is but… One time I snuck out of my house and picked her up and drove out to a pond in the country. When I got there I set up a tent in the dark (which is never easy) so we could just hang out all night, but we ended up just sitting in the bed of my truck watching the stars. Also, one time I took all of the red skittles out of a 32 oz. bag because they were her favorite. Who wouldn’t love that?

So, you’re a freshman? What was your first year of college like? It was obviously a little overwhelming at first, coming from a graduating class of 52 people. Also being from Marysville I didn’t know very many people, but that forced me meet a lot of people.

Was it what you expected? It was everything I expected! I wouldn’t mind just staying a freshman forever. Growing up is overrated.

What was your favorite memory of this past year? The snow day with KU winning in overtime! Most fun I had all year!

Now that finals are finishing up, what are your summer plans? I just accepted a job offer in Lenexa, Kan. I will also be taking a class at JCCC.

Ok, ok, gimme your best pick-up line: *Strategically places sugar packet on the ground* *Girl walks by* Me: “Excuse me, I believe you dropped your name tag.”

Brea Cudney is currently a senior at the University of Kansas, majoring in Communication Studies, with a minor in Journalism. Brea is an avid fan of The Office, addicted to pickles, obsessed with squirrels and a lover of all things crimson and blue. Rock Chalk!