8 Attractive Things That College Guys DON’T Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Disclaimer: This article is by no means a diss on college guys, nor does it imply that there isn’t a guy out there who actually does some of these things! This is simply what I have observed from my own experiences.

1. Maintain eye contact. Eye contact is, in a weird way, an artform. The way someone looks at you can tell you a lot about what they’re thinking. A lot of college guys have wandering eyes and oftentimes avoid looking you straight in the eyes for an entire conversation. Girls love feeling like all your attention is on them, and when a guy looks her dead in the eyes, she can’t help but feel special.

Image credit

2. Ask you out on a legitimate date. I never really thought about how attractive this is until a guy actually asked me out to dinner one night. I was so shocked that a college guy could be so mature! It just goes to show how confident and sure of himself he was – and it was sexy! I couldn’t help but say yes. 

3. DANCE. There’s a reason why movies like Dirty Dancing and Footloose are a girl’s guilty pleasure. Guys who can dance are sooo attractive. Even if a guy is a terrible dancer, if he’s out on the dance floor and having a good time, he is going to attract some girls. Simply said, any guy who thinks he is too cool to dance is 100% wrong.

Image credit

4. Have a good work ethic. Obviously, this one doesn’t apply to every college guy, but I would say that a lot of guys prioritize partying over schoolwork while they’re in college. Partying is great, but if a guy has absolutely no drive to do well in school, no girl will want to stick around for long.

5. Ask for your number. Call me old-fashioned, but there’s something about the words “Can I have your number?” that have an attractive ring to it. It’s just not the same when they ask for your Snapchat username.

Image credit

6. Dress up a little. Boys, you won’t look like a try-hard by making yourself presentable. Girls have been attracted to a sharply dressed man since the beginning of time.

7. Speak passionately. Listening to someone talk about something they’re passionate about is such an amazing thing. It’s almost as if you get a look into their soul. A guy who is open about his passions in life is a catch.

8. Look at you respectably. Bottom line: You shouldn’t just be looked at as a hook up for the night, ladies.

Hi there! I'm currently a Junior studying Strategic Communications in the Journalism school here at the University of Kansas. I hope you enjoy reading anything and everything I have to say!