7 Reasons KU Should Just GIVE US A SNOW DAY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. Sledding down the Campanile Hill.

Freshman, Senior, doesn’t matter– if you haven’t grabbed a slab of plastic and ridden your way down the Campanile Hill, you haven’t LIVED. With the perfect blanket of snow to coax your way down, you’ll feel like you’re riding a dream. This is a Jayhawk tradition you can’t miss, which is just one of the many reasons KU should GIVE US A SNOW DAY.

2. Mental break time.

EVERYONE deserves to wake up at least once a year and have absolutely nothing to do. A snow day is the perfect opportunity to unwind from the ever-piling mountains of stress on your shoulders, whether you’re a student, a professor, or the Chancellor herself. Sometimes a mental break is as necessary as eating, sleeping, and breathing to our well-being.

3. Extra study time.

As lame as this answer is, it’s probably the reality for most college students. We are master procrastinators, and sometimes being granted the gift of an extra day can make the difference from an F to an A on that big exam you forgot to study for. Sometimes Netflix’s evil and alluring ability is NOT for the best.

4. Safety

Okay, we all know the only thing that will actually make KU cancel class is “if the buses can’t run,” but to clarify, just because the buses decide they can drive on the roads “safely” DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE CAN. SERIOUSLY, KU. SOME OF US DON’T HAVE TWO TON WEIGHING VEHICLES THAT CAN NAVIGATE THROUGH A SNOW DRIFT.

5. Bonding

We all have friends and roomies that we love, and because of our insanely busy schedules, we hardly ever get to see them outside of class and the like. A snow day is the PERFECT opportunity for some good ole bonding time. Because, let’s be real, we need it to keep ourselves sane.

6. Creating memories.

This ties all the above together. College is about so much more than just going to class, getting good grades, and getting that degree. It’s about the memories you make along the way, and I must say, there’s not a lot of things more memorable than college snow days (because they so rarely happen). Go get in a snowball fight, sled, ice skate, build a fort, the possibilities are endless! Come on KU, give us ONE FREAKING DAY to go out and make some awesome memories!

7. JUST BECAUSE

Honestly KU, just give us a freaking snow day. You want to, we want you to, every body wants it. Just be a pal and GIVE US ONE ALREADY. PLEASE. GIVE US A SNOW DAY. GIVE. US. A. SNOW DAY. GIVE IT.

PLEASE.

Sincerely,

LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS.

LOOK AT THIS FACE. THIS IS THE FACE OF A KU STUDENT THAT NEEDS A DAY OFF.

LOOK AT IT.

Jacey Bishop currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief/President of Her Campus KU. In the past, she has served as the Development Director and the Events Director for HCKU, as well as serving as a content contributor for the past three years. Jacey is currently in her final year of study at KU for her Bachelors of Social Work and English, as well as a minor in Communications. She is very active on the KU campus, participating in Student Senate, Multicultural Scholars Program, She's the First, and KU Student Ambassadors. You can contact Jacey at jaceybishop@hercampus.com.