ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Ways to Transition Your Wardrobe from Summer to Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The weather is finally cooling down, and fall is upon us. Soon it will be Halloween and then Thanksgiving. Some days are still warm and sunny. Other days are cool and rainy. Just because the weather can’t make up its mind, doesn’t mean you have to take an hour picking out an outfit. Here are a few ways to incorporate items in your closet into your everyday style that will transition from the last few hot days to the cooler ones to come.

Tiny Skirt (or Shorts) – Add Tights!

Simple black or patterned, colored, crazy tights will take any summer staple to a fall statement piece.

Leather leggings – Add Fur!

Leather leggings look fashionably tough no matter what you wear them with. For fall, add a fur vest or coat for added drama (and warmth).

Bright Colors – Add Muted Separates!

Don’t store all your bright colors away yet. Make the rest of your outfit neutral to embrace the cool weather.

Vibrant Earrings – Add a Chunky Sweater!

People say summer is the time to experiment with funky accessories. Why not pair that statement piece with a warmer top and still have fun?

Graphic T – Add a Cardigan!

While you can basically add a cardigan to any t-shirt for fall, a graphic tee adds a little more edge. Perfect for the cooler weather.

Every tank top you own – Add a Turtleneck!

Throw a black, white, colored or patterned turtleneck under any tank top in your closet and you’re ready to go!

Jenna is a Strategic Communications sophomore at the University of Kansas. She wants to visit all 50 states by the time she's 30, having checked 25 off the list so far. She also wants to travel to Thailand, Austria, Singapore, Ireland, and Zimbabwe, just to name a few. If you want to cook her dinner, stick to any authentic Mexican. Chile Relenos and guacamole are a good place to start. She has a love for God, running, wasting hours laying in the sun, and making the most of every weekend.