The Best of Throwback Heartthrobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

As a big fan of all things 90’s, my biggest weakness is the decades TV shows. I am totally aware that I only lived two years of the nineties and although I don’t remember much of them, I am appreciative of the awesome re-runs we get to see on TV as well as Netflix blessing us with 90’s additions to their line-ups. So, sit back and get ready to travel back a couple decades and reminisce on some of your first crushes.

1. Rider Strong

image credit

Who didn’t watch Boy Meets World and become instantly attracted to the serious yet seriously goofy best friend Shawn? Although he was on Girl Meets World (the spin-off about Topanga and Cory’s daughter), Rider Strong needs a serious solo comeback.

2. Mario Lopez

image credit

Saved by The Bell was full of good looking people, but Mario Lopez stood out from the rest. As A.C. Slater, Lopez was the hunky jock with a gorgeous smile and a great set of abs. He is still a super hunk to this day and I- as well as the rest of the female population- would love to see his gorgeous face more often.

3. Will Freddie

image credit

Another Boy Meets World cast member, Freidle played Eric; the not so smart older brother of Cory Matthews who loved messing around with Mr. Feeny and Cory alike. Fun fact: he was the voice of Ron in Kim Possible!

4. Marlon Wayans

image credit

Marlon Wayans is 1/3 of the famous Wayans Brothers. Funny and good looking, Wayans hasn’t been in anything super since White Chicks and the Scary Movies.

5. Mark-Paul Gosselaar

image credit​

Mark-Paul stole hearts on Saved by The Bell as Zack Morris, the doe-eyed cutie who vied for Kelly Kapowski’s heart throughout the series. How could you turn down that hair and those eyes?

6. Will Smith

image credit

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is funny, cute, and his style was well… fresh. Will Smith is a serious actor doing award winning work nowadays but I’d love to see him do a reunion special in the near future.

7. Jason Priestley

image credit

Priestly was Brandon Walsh on 90210. He was cool, hot, and likeable. His baby blue eyes and trademark round sunglasses are too much to handle. 90210 reunion please!

8. Jonathan Taylor Thomas

image credit​

Taylor Thomas was the youngest brother, Randy, on Home Improvement. His blonde locks and chubby cheeks were at first adorable, then he grew to a cute teen with swagger and game. Where did you go Jonathon!?

9. John Stamos

image credit

Uncle Jesse was one of my first crushes. John Stamos is muy caliente. On Full House, he gave us bad boy vibes with his leather jackets and motorcycle, yet he showed his softer side when taking care of his nieces. Have mercy!

10. Matt LeBlanc

image credit

LeBlanc played Joey Tribiani on Friends, the affable and dopey man who lived with his best friend Chandler. His signature hair and one liners such as; “How you doin?”, has earned him a spot in my heart forever.

11. Scott Weinger

image credit

Scott played DJ Tanner’s cute boyfriend Steve on Full House. Steve was popular and on the football team when he stole DJ’s heart (and mine). He is now back on Fuller House, looking good as ever.

12. James Van Der Beek

image credit

Van Der Beek played Dawson Leery on the teen drama Dawson’s Creek. He is sensitive and a wanna-be film director. He makes the ladies swoon with his wonderfully parted hair and soft eyes. More Van Der Beek please!

Journalism student at The University of Kansas who loves to travel. Lover of mac n' cheese, Post-It notes, and The Office. Writer and social media extraordinaire with a bad shopping habit. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK