5 Things You Need to Know Before the K-State Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

We are less than a week away from the first half of this year’s Sunflower Showdown. This Saturday, Jan. 31 at 2 p.m., is the game we’ve all be waiting for, and I’m here to make sure you’re ready with the top five things you need to know before you enter The Phog. Beware!

1. If you miss a shift, your group has every right to hate you. Camping starts Tuesday at 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. every day leading up to the game, as well as 8 a.m. till 10 a.m. on Saturday. Camping is a necessity when it comes to the K-State game. Everyone wants to go and AFH is only accepting 16,300 of the most worthy fans. If you miss a shift this week, don’t be surprised if your camping group goes all Salem-witch-trials on you (they should). It is rumored that a one hour redemption has been put in place, but for your safety, I wouldn’t bet on it.

2. It’s a blue-out. Those in charge of basketball camping have announced that they would like to see a blue-out… Don’t be the only one wearing red. Definitely don’t wear purple. PLEASE don’t wear purple.

3. Know. The. Clap. If you don’t know the clap that goes along with I’m a Jayhawk, click here! We need to be loud and proud on Saturday and rock Allen Fieldhouse, and we can’t do that if we have anyone struggling to keep up. Even if you do know it, it wouldn’t hurt to practice!

4. Make signs! Everyone wants to get on TV and Jayhawks fans know how to get creative (just check out some of the camping group names). Go to the Dollar Store, get a poster and show some love. It’ll go a long way.

5. Rock Chalk Jayhawk! This is for the state of Kansas!