5 Online Shopping Sites You May Not Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

If you are anything like me, you can spend hours and hours on the Internet looking for style inspirations. Well, these nights have led me to find clothing sites that have amazing deals and subsequently I have spent way too many paychecks on them. Here are some of my favorite clothing sites, in no particular order:

1. Shopriffraff.com

This site is known for their “southern charm” as it is based out of Arkansas. This site has one of the best sale sections and most of the things are under $40! Riff Raff has great game-day outfits and because Arkansas’ colors are red and white you are bound to find something that can work for the University of Kansas too! The only downside is that the shipping is not free.

2. Rioritz.com

This online boutique has very unique pieces for a Francesca like feel. Most of the pieces are under $50, but I recommend shopping the sale section because everything is $20 or under! The pictures on the site are of real girls, not models being photoshopped, which can help shoppers envision what the clothing will look like on them.

3. Boohoo.com

This site is based out of the UK, but don’t worry because the shipping is fast and free of purchases over $35. This site has great basic pieces and trendier items that many people will not have. They also have a great look book on the site that gives outfit ideas for those who are stumped about how to wear certain pieces! Another great thing about this site are the endless promotions they have. Currently, they have a 20% off everything promotion running and last week it was 50% off all sale items!

4. Lulus.com

Lulu’s is an exclusive clothing brand that is only sold through their site. They also have other brands from Black Swan, Volcom, and Lush (which are common Urban Outfitters brands). The great thing about this site is the free shipping and free returns. Also, by signing up for their emails you get 10% off your first order! This site has the best semi-formal dresses and they are all extremely affordable and unique.

5. Missguidedus.com

The most expensive of all the sites is Missguided. This site has gained attention because many celebrities have started to wear their clothing. This site offers a 15% off discount to all students in college and free shipping on orders over $65. This site is comparable to Topshop for a fraction of the price. If you want to have unique clothes, this is the site for you.

Pro-tips:

• When shopping online, I recommend subscribing to all the sites if you can so you can be up to date with any sales.
  • Wait until there is a discount code. Many sites do this at the beginning, middle and end of seasons.
  • Some sites, if they are small enough will also accept student ID codes. Just contact the owners through email.
  • Never buy anything full price! It is bound to go on sale later in the month.