This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you have a very, very long list of books you’ve been meaning to read, but just haven’t gotten around to. Below, I am going to tell you about 5 of the ones I am most excited about.

Business or pleasure by rachel lynn solomon

I am a total sucker for romance. I love all of the tropes, even the cheesy ones (AKA: there’s only one bed). Business or Pleasure focuses on a friends with benefits relationship between a ghostwriter and the future author she’s assisting. They agree to a mutually beneficial deal, but could they be something more? I am ready for all the warm fuzzies with this one!

The shards by bret easton ellis

If you’ve been around TikTok at all the past 2 years, you’re probably familiar with American Psycho. From that same author comes The Shards! Town & Country said that The Shards is “A thrilling page turner from Ellis, who revisits the world that made him a literary star with a stylish scary new story that doesn’t disappoint.”

How to sell a haunted house by grady hendrix

I recently finished The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix and have been craving more of his writing. How To Sell A Haunted House is his most recent novel, and I am ready to pick it up. Hendrix’s writing is magnificent and invigorating, and I cannot recommend him more.

Know my name by chanel miller

I have heard so much about Chanel Miller’s memoir, Know My Name, but haven’t had the chance to pick it up yet. In this memoir, Miller details her story as a survivor of sexual assault at Stanford University. I have heard wonderful things about Miller’s writing and her philosophical takes in this book, so I am very eager to hear her story from her.

monday’s not coming by tiffany d. jackson

I have heard nothing but amazing reviews about Tiffany D. Jackson. She has written in multiple genres, including horror, romance, and contemporary, and I am so excited to read this. Another one of her books that you may be familiar with if you spend a lot of time online is Grown. In Monday’s Not Coming, Jackson tells the story of two girls and what happens after one of them mysteriously disappears, and yet no one seems to care.

My TBR list is LENGTHY. These 6 stand out to me as being stories and authors that I can’t wait to read work from.

Mallory (she/her) is a first-year KU student studying English. Mallory's main interests include Taylor Swift, her dog Bert, and reading as many books as she can get her hands on. Mallory also writes for kYOU magazine and is the Social Justice Chair for Feminist Campus at KU.