4 TV Characters Closets We All Want to Invade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Making a decision on who your favorite character on a TV show is a tough one. Many things factor into that choice. Who makes you laugh the most? Who do you most relate to? Who would you cry endlessly over if they were written off the show? Everyone has their one character that immediately caught their eye. For fashion-loving girls, a characters style plays a large part in your viewing pleasures. Although you really tune in every week to stay up to date on the story line, seeing your favorite character in a new outfit you can attempt to recreate is an added bonus. It starts when you’re young and never truly goes away. As a child, I was envious of Lizzie McGuire with each passing episode and only wore outfits if I thought they’d be Lizzie approved. It’s a hard habit to shake but our favorite characters have more control over our wardrobe at times than we think. Once you see the fabulous dress and matching purse on your favorite character, you can almost envision yourself in it. Here are a few of the most stylish ladies on television who gave us weekly wardrobe inspiration.

1.       Blair Waldorf from “Gossip Girl”

She’s “Queen B”, the most stylish girl on the Upper East Side. With a reputation like Blair’s, it is only fitting that she has the closet the every girl envies. Whether it was ball gowns or her school uniform, Blair Waldorf was always the center of attention (Serena was a close second). Throughout all 6 seasons she kept her signature proper lady style. I’m pretty sure headband sales went up during “Gossip Girls” time on television due to the Queen of the Upper East Side making them a trend. You know you love her, and you might even love her outfits a little more.

2.       Brooke Davis from “One Tree Hill”

Clothes Over Bros couldn’t be created by just anybody. Brooke Davis clearly had more style in her than everyone at Tree Hill High combined. After all, who else creates a successful clothing line when they are in high school? Her fabulous style peaked particularly towards the end of One Tree Hill. Even as a busy mom, wife, and business woman, she still made time to make her outfits look like they were straight off the runway. If Clothes Over Bros were a real thing, we’d all probably be thankful because we’d be a little more Brooke Davis.

3.       Jess Day from “New Girl”

Jess has mastered the cute, quirky girl look we all wish we could pull off. With the combination of big glasses and dresses that look like they came right off the rack at a thrift store, it’s hard to resist Jess’ endearing wardrobe. Some of her best outfit choices involve polka-dot patterns and cardigans. Jess makes us all want to dress like our trendy vice-principal alter ego.

4.       Carrie Bradshaw from “Sex and the City”

She’s been the ultimate glam girl, her closet is a dream come true, and she has Mr. Big. It’s safe to say Carrie Bradshaw is who we should all channel while getting dressed in the morning. Nobody knew how to pull of the most fabulous outfits while casually walking the streets of New York like Miss Bradshaw. As the years and the seasons passed, Carries wardrobe has only become more beautiful and style icon for every girl out there. As Carrie would say “I like my money where I can see it, hanging in my closet.”